Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this stoms isnt as serious as they are predicting. You guys got slammed last year and are starting out this hurricane season with yet another nasty storm.

Evacuate when they tell you and stay safe! You will all be in my prayers.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I'll be honest I have not been watching the news on Dennis but I also wish all of you the best of luck. Last year was horrible to hear about and I hope Dennis isn't a bad boy with Florida or any other areas.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The update this a.m. is Dennis will come ashore in the panhandle of Florida sometime early tomorrow a.m. It is expected to be a catagory 3 hurricane when it hits. These poor folks have still not recovered from Ivan last year, and now they will be slammed again, so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I live in the central part of Florida, and we are under a tornado watch until 4 pm this afternoon, with up to 10 inches of rain possible. We had over 4 inches yesterday afternoon, so we are already saturated. Appears as though we will have a very active hurricane season this year too.

My son in law works for Allstate and is a part of their disaster team. He will be leaving for Pensacola on Monday and has no idea how long he will be there. Depends on the amount of damage they have.

Our governor just completed a briefing on TV, and at least they are more prepared than last year. Heaven knows they had plenty of practice last year. Considering the number of hurricanes we had last year, and their severity, I think they did a commendable job.

They are giving another update now, so will go watch and then run to Walmart to pick up some last minute supplies. I'm sure they will be mobbed there.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Thanks for the update Chimom :)

Category 3...the words alone sounds scary. I'm glad atleast This Bush brother is prepared for bad...but let's hope Dennis isn't bad to Florida.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.
We should be o.k. here now in Louisiana, we may have tropical Storm type weather which that beat some of us down Earlier last week. Hopefully I don't lose electricity but if that's all I lose I won't complain. it could have ended up worse. :(

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well folks, it is 9:30 am, Sunday, here. Was just watching the latest updates on hurricane Dennis. He has now strengthened overnight to a catagory 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 145 miles an hour, and gusts even higher. This is a very powerful and dangerous hurricane, now projected to come ashore somewhere between Pensacola, Florida, and Mobile, Alabama, sometime late afternoon, probably around 5 pm.

Here in my area we are under severe weather alert, tornado warnings till 2 pm today, and possible storms with wind up to 70 mph, which is enough to cause quite a bit of damage. It's easy to get complacent when the hurricane is not predicted to come ashore anywhere near you, but the outer bands sometimes extend out for 150 to 175 miles and these bands can be dangerous, especially on the east side of the eye.

Please keep the folks in the path of this storm in your thoughts and prayers. This has not been a good week, folks, with the bombings in UK and now this terrible storm. Let's hope this next week is much better.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have been watching the updates on the hurricane. I just want everybody to know that I am keeping you all in my thoughts... be safe... I hope all of you in london are ok and safe.

Good luck and God bless...

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
We are out of harms way here in Louisiana. We're just experiencing some of the outer bands which is causing some wind. I just feel sooo thankful.
My thoughts and prayers are w/ anyone who is in the line of this nasty hurricane :(

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Well, here in central Florida where I live, we had a LOT of rain, lightening, and some high winds last night. I had a few small tree limbs down, but that is about the extent of the damage I have seen everywhere here so far. So, we have a lot to be thankful for. We were under tornado watch all day yesteday and up till 2 pm today, but no tornadoes sighted in our area. They did have some touch down in the Tampa Bay area yesterday.

I really feel for the folks up in the Pensacola area. Now we can relax - until the next one. <<<sigh>>>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts