Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby and I are talking about going to Florida in November. We are going to be celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We would like to spend a week there and see Disney and a couple other places. However, since we are not from the area, we were wanting some info!

First of all, what are nice places to stay that don't cost a lot per night, and we won't take home nasty things like bed bug!!! Do these places allow for dogs?

Second of all, would anyone be interested in babysitting Bailey for us during the days we are there... I am not interested at all in kenneling him, nor am I about to leave him in the room alone all day. He will have all of the things he needs, but we can pay a little for your time. :)

Third, are there any attractions that would allow for us to bring him with us?

If you would be interested in having lil Bailey for a few hours a day for a week this fall, let me know!!! :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
We live in East Orlando... about 45 minutes from the Disney area.

I'd love to watch Bailey for a day :) I'm sure he'd be entertained being able to play with my three chis.

Places to stay... hmm... I've only lived in Orlando for 5 years (came here for college). When I would visit Orlando with my parents we'd always stay in the Disney resorts, but they're expensive and I doubt they're pet friendly.

You could always look into renting a vacation house/condo. Some of those can be reasonably priced.

I'm also not sure of pet friendly attractions in the area (I'm way on the other side of the city), but most of Orlando is very pet friendly. There are a ton of outdoor restaurants which allow dogs. There are parks and other places as well.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
LOL I would watch him for you, but I'm kinda in the opposite direction of Disney... :)
Um, I know there are a lot of hotels in the Disney area if you think that's where you'll be spending most of your time. Otherwise all I can tell you is where to find a truckstop lol. I know there's a lot out there, I'll start looking online for hotels and places to visit, if I find a good link I'll send it over.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Try vrbo.com Baileysmom! We have used them numerous times for vacations, mostly in Colorado. We have found some BEAUTIFUL places to stay, most for around the price of a nice hotel. Quite a few of them will allow pets too! I highly recommend them. Have NEVER had a problem at all and we are always amazed and delighted to have a nice house to stay in and spread out, instead of being in a dinky hotel room. I bet there are some great ones in Orlando to choose from!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
OH my gosh - look at this one I found for only $119 a night!

http://www.vrbo.com/4798

5 minutes from Disney, it's HUGE with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths (I know! Proabably too big!) but it also has private pool, Jacuzzi, Hot Tub and Game Room. And they take pets!!

I'm so excited for you! Maybe we'll come along and Brody and Bailey can play together. HA HA. Just jokin. But seriously, check out vrbo.com We have found great places to stay through them.

Brodysmom

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links, those places all look great! :D

Jessie, thanks that sounds fun! I am sure Bailey would love your adorable three. :D Wow, there are restaurants that you can eat at with your dogs? That is SO COOL! We will have to do lots of planning around Bailey. I know he can't go to the theme parks, which stinks, but hopefully we will find something for him to do on those days. lol

We are really excited, my husband has been looking at all sorts of vacation packages etc. He is driving me nuts already and we still have many months to go! lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
700 Posts
not from florida but we go there often. for places to stay have you thought of renting a condo, sometimes its alot cheaper then a hotel, heres a link i like www.homeaway.com you can also select the option of only showing the ones where pets are allowed.
when we took carrera we had no idea that dogs are not allowed on i'd say 90% of the beaches, which is crazy! so i would research beaches that have a "dog area" if you plan to be going to the beach. our favorite beach area is Anna Marie Island, and on the way there is a beach area on the side of the road where we could take carrera. we used this when we planned to just walk or lay out and wanted to take her, it wasnt really for swimming.
for shopping we really like International Mall in tampa, on International Drive. Oh and we also liked going to the Ellenton Outlets, its near Brandon. They are VERY pet friendly, they even have the potty pick up stations and everything.
If your going to Disney for the rides, I would go to Islands of Adventure instead, its part of the disney theme parks. when we went to disney world most of the rides were for kids so it wasnt too fun.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Before you buy tickets, let me know. I can probably hook you up with the Florida resident rate and ship them to you. I know it works out to be a good bit cheaper.

Most of the beaches aren't dog friendly, but they do have dog friendly beaches... they're a HIKE to get to, though... almost a mile walk through sand to get to them. There's one in Cocoa that we've been to a couple of times.

The outlet malls allow dogs, but not in the stores. People are always walking their dogs through them.

Any outdoor restaurant with tables outside allows dogs. I work in Winter Park (which is by downtown... about 45 minutes from Disney), and it's SO dog friendly. People are always walking down the streets with their dogs in tow, and dining at restaurants with them. Like I said, I live in a VERY dog friendly area.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow Jessie, that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I sure will let you know as soon as we know more. :D

We do plan to ride the rides plus see the shows and attractions. The last time I was there I was 10, so I am excited to go back. We went to the one in California this time last year and we had a total blast. Of course we didn't have Bailey to worry about then. lol

Anyway, there is so many months to go before we leave that anything can (and does) happen. We will see what all pans out over the next few months. We are just trying to make plans and see what our options are. :)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Wow, it is so nice to hear that the members of this site are willing to help others, be it offers of looking after the dogs or getting them discounts - I think it is GREAT

By the way, have a brilliant annivesary....I am sure you will especially in Florida. I would love to go back there. Not been for 8 years but can't afford to go with the kids at the minute.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have to correct you "jessie" at ellenton outlets they allow pets (if held) in the stores,when we were unsure my husband went into coach looking for a collar for carrera, the lady at the register said "we are pet friendly,bring your pup in". we took her in all the stores that didnt have food, and many of the stores even had treats. and you are allowed to let them walk on a leash outside the stores

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Have you considered going to the gulf side of Florida also? It's the western side of Florida. We are just west of Tampa, pretty close to the ocean, which is the Gulf of Mexico on this side. There are quite a few beaches here and some you can take dogs to. There are lots of outside restaurants you can take your dog to also; and a majority of sites and activities you can include your dog. I'm sure you can find some places online about them all. Just look for things in the Clearwater and St. Petersburg area. Also Tampa Bay, which includes all the towns along the gulf coast! Have fun when you do come to Florida!:coolwink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts