Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a bit cool on our morning walk today. I've held off buying Ax and Chloe many clothes since the're not done growing yet and its been so warm here it hasn't been an issue. There making do with a home made sweater and a hand me down rain coat. Chloe was fine with her harness over her soft jumper but it was very difficult to get the harness over the top of Axle's raincoat. Since it's clear from his protests this morning that Axle will need to be clothed on walks for about 9 months of the year i'm wondering what my best options are. Do you all like thinner stuff you can put a harness over, thicker stuff with a leash hole (but is this going to be in the right spot for a leash off a harness?) or those coats with leash attachments already on them? What works best for you all? Hopefully I can get some advice and avoid buying stuff only to find out that it doesn't suit. Thanks in advance!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I have a nice rain jacket for each of my dogs with a thin fleece lining. It didn't have a hole for a harness, so I cut one :). I also get them fleece sweaters that have harness holes. I usually don't buy anything with a hood, because they just get in the way.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I use the heavier with a hole for a leash to connect to the harness. And yes the hole is in the right place.I have also used thinner with the harness on top, but that is not always warm enough.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mind telling me where you usually buy from? I'm crossing fingers its online.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I have an adjustable harness...so it can go over the jumper..or a t-shirt--whatever. Also many jackets have a whole for the harness hook-up to go through. Usually if it is a raincoat I put on a sweater/jumper--then the harness then the raincoat..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts