Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Roxy her lamb weasand from best bully sticks about 30 minutes or so ago. She's been chewing on it, and well ... she must be a power chewer! I didn't think she was going to be able to eat any of it or get a piece off for a while, but it is definitely smaller than it was. After 30 minutes (roughly) of chewing, she threw up. There were many pieces of the weasand in her throw up. :sad4:

Should I take the weasand away? Or do you think she may have just had too much at one time?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Poor Roxy! Im guessing its just too much too fast. A lot of those lamb chewies seem to be more of a large snack than an actual chew, Im guessing a lot of a new thing at once upset her tummy. When I got the lamb sampler I gave the big lamb heart to Reese, when I first gave it to him he seemed totally befuddled, no idea how to hold it, and picking off tiny little bits, and generally seemed to be making slow progress. I got distracted doing something else, and when I checked on him 15 minutes later hed eaten all but a little piece of it! He had a sore tummy for a few hours and we threw the little piece away, but it was probably just that he ate too much at once and he could have had that little bit another time. I cant remember who I gave the weasand too, but that lamb heart was the only chew theyve ever tried that caused tummy upset. Ive found the bullies and lamb ears both to be pretty mild on tummies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts