Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help!!!! this morning zoey ate breakfast... ran around... and then threw up. she has thrown up about 6 times since then-- its been liquid the past few times.... she wont eat... she wont drink (i am giving her water through a syringe).... i dont know what is going on. :( her stomach is making these growling noises because she's sooo hungry. i dont know what to do. i called the vet because she's on call and she hasnt called me back yet. it might be because she's on 2 antibiotics and they are bothering her stomach.... help.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i talked to the vet and she told me that if zoey gets worse tonight or is still throwing up tomorrow i have to take her in....

please pray for her. :cry:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I'll keep you and Zoey in my thoughts! I'm sure everything will be fine. Bosco also reacted badly to medicine but he pulled through. Just don't be afraid to call the vet if you have any questions or concerns; that is what they are there for. Let us know how she is doing!

Anna

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she got her 12 week shot on tuesday.... and got her heartguard pill on thursday morning. she started new antibiotics on tuesday. you would think that she wouldve gotten sick earlier if it was anitbiotics. i dont know. the little bugger scares me so much sometimes!

im definitely calling my vet back tonight if zoey gets worse... thanks for keeping us in your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I know how you must feel, but try to stay calm. Our pups are so fragile at that age that the slightest change to her system (antibiotics, new food, etc) can upset their little tummies. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well zoey got better on saturday night around 8... sunday she was completely fine and no throwing up. this morning i woke her up and she went poo and pee right away but she wont eat. her belly is doing this weird gurgling thing (like ours do when we are hungry) but she doesnt seem interested in food! her belly was gurgling like this on saturday when she threw up. im watching her closely to see if she gets sick. thanks for all your thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Throwing up.

My dog did the same thing. Fine for a few days, then throwing up. Sometimes her food, other times just yellow foam. Her stomach growled and growled too. She worried us to distraction. The vet ran complete blood tests. He said she might have intolerance to fats and dairy. She was having trouble digesting lipids or fats. Sure enough, we put her on the food he recommends, (Eukanuba low residue dry and canned) and she is fine. But no more rawhide chews. They are just a form of fat. No dog treats of any kind. I give her one spoonful of cottage cheese a day as a treat and only the special food. And I give her small amounts about 3-4 times aday. She is just fine now! No throwing up anymore. She is very lean , but healthy. I also give her powered glucosomine and vitamins in the dry food mixed with water. It helps her laxating patellas. (slipping knee caps) Whew. They can have a lot of problems, but they are worth it in the love and companionship we get. :wave:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm!! i think i'm gonna have to get a blood panel for my zoey. it sounds like she is going through exactly the same thing you described! she is eating nutro max puppy food and is getting a few treats here and there (not more than 1 full biscuit a day) i will definitely have to look into this.

she has been fine since saturday-- hasnt thrown up at all. but monday morning when i got her out of her crate her belly was growling up a storm! and she was not interested in food until around 3 or 4pm... so, maybe she has the same thing your dog has!

i give zoey some plain yogurt everyday because she's on anitbiotics for a respiratory infection that is just about gone (except for the nagging cough) maybe i could try some cottage cheese as a treat instead of actual dog treats? we are trying to train her (she's only 3 mos old) so its handy to give her little puppy treats, but if its making her sick, then definitely we'll stop!!

thanks SOO MUCH for the info!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope it helps.

I also give her some dry food (the special one) in her kong toy with peanut butter smeared on it. She can tolerate small amounts of peanut butter. You can also train them with the tubes of peanut butter. Bye chi lovers.! :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts