Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zola has just thorwn up again. We were out for a few hours then came home. Not long after he got fed. 2 mins after this he thru the food back up. I think its cuz he gets excited when he eats and eats waayyy to fast. I already had him at the vet a few days ago and he checked him out, took his temp etc and said he was totally fine. Does anyone else have this probably. Any ideas how I can feed him without him eating to fast?

·
Registered
433 Posts
if he is eating dry food you could try hand feeding it to him so you can slow him down. Or maybe if you gave small amounts, let him eat that and have it settle and then give a little more. I know how nerve wreaking this can be, Callisto throws up whenever she doesn't eat. so its the opposite problem but I;m constantly monitering when she eats.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I agree give him small amounts of food...take what your normally give him a day and divide that into 6 feedings...see if that works.
I wouldnt let this go on too much longer without another vet visit. If he continues to vomit after every meal I would bring him right back and ask for an xray to see whats going on in his stomach.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and break down his meals more. I think im gonna call the vet again today anyway and see what he has to say on the matter. He was sick again this morning but only a tiny tiny bit. He's not sick after every meal. That was only that one time. Hes normall only sick once a day and for some reason its at about the same time every night. I just wish I knew what it was so I could help him out.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
cosmo and paris vomitted too on occasions where they were eating way too fast and excited !!
if it only happens once , i wouldn't worry too much :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Same time every night? wierd when the dog vomits is the food digested? i know i sound wierd but Lady used to vomitt it turned out when she had seen me putting collars on in the afternoon when i took dogs to vet or for neuter she ran in her bed. Hates walking on lead and going for car rides. when i got home she vomitted the food she had eatten that day it didnt even digest. Nerves can cause many reactions in these little guys and its hard to pin point exactly what it is till you sit and think really hard as to what may have caused the upset. I would reccomend vet though if it is a constant thing every day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts