Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey threw up 4-5 times in 2 days so I took her to the vet. They did X-ray and blood work and said it was all good. Put her on a bland diet for 2 days then transition back to reg food. When I did that she got sick again. So took her I again and they did another X-ray and ultrasound. Again nothing showed but she had a little temp. So back in bland diet for 2 weeks.

I just don't understand what's wrong with her. She acts totally normal, plays, runs, ect.

·
Registered
912 Posts
That was one of the last kibbles I fed my chis. More than a year ago I think...
Anyway, I quit feeding it because they had obviously changed the formula (different size, color, shape, smell in the last bag I bought compared to many prior bags) and they completely refused to admit it when I called/emailed and quickly ignored all contact from me... It weirded me out to be honest, I never fed it again.
There are many great kibbles out there. Taste of the Wild, Fromm... what is available in your area?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
When exactly is she puking (after food, in the middle of the night, between feeding times)? And when are u feeding her and how much?? Is she actually puking food or just fluids??

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
How's Bailey today?

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
If she started puking again after transitioning back to her food, maybe you can try changing to a different kibble? It's possible they changed the formula and something it is making her sick.

Have you tried Fromm, Acana, TOTW, or Orijen? Those are all good kibbles and are available online/in a lot of stores.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sometimes when we go out in the garden and I take my eyes off the dogs for a sec, they eat leaves and God knows what and 1 or 2 times both prada and gucci have thrown up.
But it went away after a day.
My vet told me not to worry
How is Bailey now?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave Her some of the Rx Iams and she threw up again. But Iams is nasty so I don't blame her for not liking it. She had another anti nausea shot plus gets 4 days of it in pill form and bland diet for at least a week now. She's still acting normal!!

A change in her food can definetly be the prob so I was going to change after she done with the bland part. There's no way she has got into anything bad so it can't be that.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
There is a recall on Iams right now. Can you take her off it?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She only had a tablespoon of it and it's not in the recall. I'm not feeding it to her.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Good good! :)
Hope little one feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I asked the dog food company if they had done any changes to the puppy food and they said they did some "enhancements". Wonder what that exactly means.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wanted to give a quick update on this post...I switched Bailey's food to Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diet formula and she's fine now! It must have been her old food. I'm so relieved!!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Thank you for the update, so glad Bailey is doing better now on a better food.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts