Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Martina, and I have owned Chis since I was 11. My first was named Half-Pint and lived to be 17 years old.

I adopted Thumper and Mr. Doo, who were owner surrendered to a shelter at the ages of 7 and 12, almost four years ago. Mr. Doo, Thumper's father, died when he was 15. He had a bad heart condition, and as he was slowing down, we thought another dog would help when the time came for him to pass on. 6 months before he died, we adopted Romeo, who was found by animal control during a raid on a dog fighting operation. It was a good decision for all of us, as the three of them were quite a team. Mr. Doo was a great dog, and I miss him terribly.

I am still a Three Dog Mom, as my Thumper and Romeo got a new "little" brother - a 70 pound Ridgeback mix named Max! Another rescue, and my first non-Chi canine. Guess who rules the roost? Yup, my 5 pound, 10 year old Thumper!

I organize a monthly Chihuahua meetup here in LA (near Venice Beach), and am excited to connect with other Chi people.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many, many thanks!

You all are so kind. A friend of mine, upon observing me showering them with kisses said "Those dogs may have had it rough, but they hit the jackpot when they found you". I told him it is the other way around! I hit the jackpot when I found them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts