Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven't had one in vegas for almost 2 years! I was woken up at 3:30 in the morning by Chico growling...then i hear "BOOM!" from thunder, then rain, then see flashes of lightening. Chico took it like a "man" :lol: he only growled for a few seconds, then went right back under the covers and went to sleep. its been storming now for 12 hours on and off.

i was amazed though, this being chico's first storm, hes taking it very well. every other dog i've had (big dogs) have always been so scared of storms. my beagle, Patches, used to run and hide under my bed during storms. Well, just gos to show you you "can't judge a book by it's cover." Chico's small but he's sure not afraid :lol:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yes, he's very brave :D my husband was more afraid than anything :lol: i grew up in NY, so i'm used to storms, but he's not (he's such a big baby)

my cats were freaking out though. i got up to make sure the microwave and things like that were unplugged (i'm paranoid of power surges during storms) and everytime there was a clap of thunder, i see my cats jumping like 10 feet in the air and darting around the apartment :lol: it was sooooooo funny! i had to bring them in the bedroom with us so they wouldn't get as scared. chico wasn't happy about that though. he hates it when the kitties are in the bedroom when we're sleeping. the bedroom is his territory...lol.

·
Registered
568 Posts
chimom said:
Don't let their small size fool you - I've had other dogs afraid of storms, but none of my chis ever were.
I totally agree! Bella isn't scared of the thunderstorms, but my Shih Tzu is terrified of them. Go figure. :lol:

Leslie

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Good for Chico! He's tough boy. :wink:

The only one of my 3 scared of them is Annabelle. When I went to the vet the other day to pic up medicine, there was a girl there with 2 huge dogs. She was sitting on the floor with them whispering to them and petting them because they were scared of a storm that was going on. :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
See..our little toughies are just that...tough...LOL

My poodle used to hide behind the toilet and whine, shake...etc..

My husband used to have a lab and she was scared out of her wits..

And then there is Gizmo..."Huh? There's a storm outside? Oh that's nice mommy, I'm going back to sleep" :D

He is not scared whatsoever...but he is afraid of the garbage truck... :roll:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just don't get Chico...he is not afraid of a big storm, but he barks at the littlest noises from outside. He's a crazy doggie :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts