Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, before I take my chis out for a walk, I step outside for a sec to see what the weather is like. I always check to see where my chis are when I do this.They were both in my daughter's room! and I only opened the door for a second. Then I looked for Lola's harness and after putting her harness on, I started to look for Tiki(he always hides when he knows were going out) I could'nt find him, then I heard his muffled bark(the sound he makes when he's in my daughter's room & the doors closed and he wants to get out)I realized it was coming from outside and I opened the door and there he was :shock: I could'nt believe it! There he was doing zoomies on my front lawn! I almost had a heart attack-especially when I called him and he ran up to about 2 feet in front of me, acted like he was going to run into the house-then ran the other way! I finally caught him :) But the scariest part is that the 2 pitbulls that live across the street were out and their owner never has them leashed :evil: and they do'nt have a fenced yard and these are not friendly dogs! I cant believe they did'nt go after Tiki when they had the chance :pale: Thank God! 10 min later they chased 3 kids down the street :shock:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sounds like Tiki had a close call. At least he is alright. My mom's chi always runs outside he will only come back in when he thinks you have forgotten about him then he scratches at the door to come back in. :roll:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
WOW :shock: that is scary especially with those dogs next door. The angels were with Tiki just BE THANKFUL :D and know the lil rascal is capable of that now :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
what a little devil! :twisted: i have to get chiwi signed up for training. i am having a little trouble doing it myself (can't get her to do anything with treats, she isn't interested in anything!)

glad he didn't get hurt! is your heart pumping again yet? :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad Tiki is ok!!!! :D My Shy will go outside and then we act like we forgot about him and he sits outside the screen door looking all sad LOL :wave:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I can definitely relate to your experience. Jasmine has managed to slip by me and out the door also. And like Tiki, she will let you get right up to her, then just look at you and take off. There were no large dogs out when this happened, but there is a lot of traffic on my street. It's really scary. I'm absolutely paranoid now about knowing exactly where she is when I open the door. They can be little devils. :lol: Glad Tiki is o.k.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yes, these little ones have a degree in houdini and in mcgiver education. When that happened to me i stood in the street i wouldnt go after him I just slowed the cars down or stopped them and directed them till the lil bugger came to me. I know if i go after them they will go the other way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts