Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(:(:(:(
cody had the trots yesterday, he was in great form, eating drinking playing, until about 8;30 pm, when he was asleep on my lap and then just went all floppy. raced out to ucd, emergancy vets, i actually thought i was handing over a dead pup when we got there but he barely responded to his name. his temp was down and his glucose level didnt register. they sent us home at 1am, and told us to come back at 7am, if anything changed they would call us. we didnt get to see himtill 8. he was on fluids and glucose all night, he is still poorly and we were able to take him to our own vets, who were waiting for us. they found the tiniest amount of tin foil in his poo, which they think poisined him. im raging, i would never forgive myself if he had died. but they said it was easy to miss and he prob hoovered it up cos there was food on it. i would never have thought it could do so much damage. we will know about 4pm if we can bring him home. iv just gone round the house with the vacume twice, so just be careful everyone, as i wouldnt wish the last14 hours on anyone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That sound horrifically scary. I hope he can come home for you this afternoon. Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Omg hon! I am so sorry! That must have been so scary! Don't blame yourself at all things like this happen but thank you so much for warning us! I also wouldn't have though of that, it's scary what's all out there that can harm our babies that you just don't think about! I'm so glad your little angel is going to be ok! What a scary thing to go through, bless your hearts!

·
Registered
251 Posts
My heart goes out to you.The worry waiting is so stressful.Hope your baby will be home with you today...hugs from us.xx

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would never had thought about foil, Thank you for the warning. I hope your baby is ok and he gets to go home today.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
OMG I never would have known it could do that much damage!!! I know how worried you must have been. I'll be extra careful from now on.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thanks for the warning Amanda! You must have been beside yourself!! I'm glad you got him to the vet. Who would have known tinfoil could do that?! Oh, I'm so happy that he's OK. What a nightmare.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
OMG how frightening! I'm glad he is doing ok now. Thanks for the warning. I never imagined tin foil could cause such harm. :( I hope he's feeling 100% very soon!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
WOW poor thing (((HUGS)))) I am so sorry, I had no idea either. Thanks for warning us all and keep us posted....

·
Registered
454 Posts
How scarey! I never knew it could be that serious. My pit bull has gotten some foil a couple of times but he is much larger so it didn't cause him any trouble. I never imagined how serious it could be for a little one.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes that is very scary! So glad he is okay! I always make sure candy wrappers, Tinsil (sp?) from the Christmas tree or other decorations, etc... is out of the way for them. You just never know what they will get into next :-(

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am so glad that he is doing better, but I would be very watchful over him for awhile. I have seen very small dogs eat entire packages of hershey's kisses, foil and all, and have no ill effects from it. Of course, it could be the difference in the heaviness of the foil that caused the problem, but I would definitely want a second opinion on it.

Bless his little heart...

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Amanda. So frightening. :( I'm so glad you got Cody to the vet so quickly and that he is ok. x

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we just went to see him instead of phoneing, they want to keep him on the drip for the night as he is still throwing up, they said its because his stomach is so tender now.
kim the hospital he was in last night is the best in the country and vet students from all over the world come to study there.
i miss him so much, but i know hes in the right place

1 - 20 of 28 Posts