Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

^shes on the right!
Tinks first collar :)

I know these pictures arnt that great,and deffo dont do her justice,but thought better than nothing!.
I've borrowed a camera and took loads of pics but my laptop hasnt got a slot for the camera memory stick so when I go to my bfs I'll get him to upload them:) But for now,I just have crappy blackberry phone pics lol-And its impossible to take a pic of her awake,she just moves!
I'm going to get a professinal photoshoot done of all my dogs soon:D

And shes getting her first injections tommorrow! I hope she doesnt cry too much,Bruiser cried and cried and I felt so bad-its upsetting seeing them in pain.

Also everyones who has met her fell in love with her and shes sooo well behaved and gets on with the other dogs.
This one random man though today in the shop said to me "what is that?" So I was like a chihuahua and he goes "its not a real dog its a rat and that their the ugliest dogs and have bat ears!"
If I wasnt such a shy person I'd have said something but I just dont understand why random people need to comment-Does anyone else get people like this? xxx

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I have had people say things like that to me... Examples:

"Wow, your dog is not cute!"

(While pointing and laughing) "Look, she is carrying a rat!"

"My dog could eat that, but then it might catch a disease!"
Etc...

Don't worry.. I just smile and ignore them because I know I would never say anything like that about somebody else's dog. Also, I know my dogs are "real" dogs. They play, go on walks, chew bones, and are not "yappy". My older dog also does agility.

By the way, your new puppy is adorable :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I LOVE Tinkerbelle she is gorgeous!! The new collar is super cute too.

I get people saying that too. Unfortunately I have a short fuse and tend to retaliate... absolutely NEVER about their dogs though, usually something like "I wouldn't be commenting on my dogs looks if I had your face". I know it's immature but I can't help it, it angers me so much!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.And their are some horrible people about!.Your isabelle looks alot like her !
Well she had her first injections today,and she didnt even cry!And shes playing now-such a good girl.Bruiser cried for ages!.

And shes is all healthy.Bit expensive though £28 for first injection and £28 for second.Was alot less for Bruiser last year.
Took some lovely pics of her today in the garden in her collar.I'll upload them soon as i go to my bfs.She is hard to get pics of though x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I LOVE Tinkerbelle she is gorgeous!! The new collar is super cute too.

I get people saying that too. Unfortunately I have a short fuse and tend to retaliate... absolutely NEVER about their dogs though, usually something like "I wouldn't be commenting on my dogs looks if I had your face". I know it's immature but I can't help it, it angers me so much!
That is so funny,i must remember that :hello1:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Question answered about injections! Glad she didn't cry!
I think Tinkerbelle looks a lot like Isabelle too.

I'm from Leeds originally and now live in Manchester, shame we're not closer we could have organised a playdate x

·
Registered
141 Posts
That is so funny,i must remember that :hello1:
Lol thanks Michele, that was one of the more forum-friendly responses, they're usually much worse! I have a bad temper ;)

People deserve to feel bad for saying mean things about our dogs. Maybe they will think twice next time they go to insult another Chi in fear of getting humiliated with a witty comeback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes I get comments like that all the time!, like "very nice but how do you cook it" and its not a dog its a rat! and the list goes on! it kinda bothers me. ! but all chis are just gorgeous! cant tell you how much I love the breed, they never stop amazing me!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lol thanks Michele, that was one of the more forum-friendly responses, they're usually much worse! I have a bad temper ;)

People deserve to feel bad for saying mean things about our dogs. Maybe they will think twice next time they go to insult another Chi in fear of getting humiliated with a witty comeback.
I think most people with a sense of humour on here,will use that next time :hello1: must say the only time i have had that reaction is when i took Lily to my daughters work,and it was always the men who said something all the women went ahhhhhhhh Now i have dottie who is tiny tiny i have had men with tattoos coming up to me asking if there's anymore at home they could buy,even school boys saying ahhhhh !!!!!maybe some people are changing and the world would be a better place if it does

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think most people with a sense of humour on here,will use that next time :hello1: must say the only time i have had that reaction is when i took Lily to my daughters work,and it was always the men who said something all the women went ahhhhhhhh Now i have dottie who is tiny tiny i have had men with tattoos coming up to me asking if there's anymore at home they could buy,even school boys saying ahhhhh !!!!!maybe some people are changing and the world would be a better place if it does
I agree, very mixed responses. 99% of people think Isabelle is gorgeous but then there are the few that are either very rude or have something wrong with their eyesight and can't see how stunning chi's are. Generally people with big dogs don't seem to like her that much and say things like "I'd rather have a real dog"... whilst Isabelle is hiking. Not sure how much more of a dog she can be without wearing a sign saying "i'm a dog"!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kayley-Ah your from Leeds,I'm from Doncaster but I spend the week at my bfs in leeds then come back to doncaster for week.So im all over the place haha-Its a shame their never is meets/playdates in Yorkshire their always in London.

I find women love my chis but men dont.At the vets though their was a man with tattoos who was saying how cute she was!The real dog thing is the most annoying ! Like what are they then lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kayley-Ah your from Leeds,I'm from Doncaster but I spend the week at my bfs in leeds then come back to doncaster for week.So im all over the place haha-Its a shame their never is meets/playdates in Yorkshire their always in London.
Yeah i'm in Manchester through the week then Leeds most weekends. Wish I lived back in leeds full time though! x

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Glad everything went well. I would be so upset if anybody said that about one of my babies (I mean just out of being mean, it's so stupid.) People can be so blah sometimes. I think all dogs are beautiful in their own way. Chihuahuas are just naturally beautiful to me! lol I know everybody has their own opinion but geez they could just keep it to themselves if its' going to be so mean! lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts