Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 full grown chihuahua's Cooper and Molly are both a little 4 pounds and they are 7 and 8 months old but Emma is 14 months old and she doesn't even weigh 2 pounds (sometimes she does if she ate really good that day) Last time we went to the vet she weighed 1.10 does anyone else have a really small chihuahua? I'd love to see pictures! We recently put Emma in a dog show and she won smallest dog (duh) and everyone was shocked how small she was. Where ever we go with Emma people always ask us 2 questions... 1. how much does she weigh? 2. how old is she? And they are always shocked when we tell them her age everyone always thinks she's a puppy.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcmoe, my Zoey weighs 4 lbs and people think she is a puppy as well. I would love to see photos of your group. Do you show the others?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Awwwww bless her I wouldn't ever want a dog that small anything under 4lb does not suit my lifestyle at all

1lb 10oz is so small it scares me can you post some pics and also her measurements???

There are 3 teeny tiny ones I know of on here

TLI's Jade
Quigleysmoms Quigley
Bella Lunas Bella

They are all under 3lb

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
There are a few tiny tots here. Only 2 that are real tiny. My Jade is the teeniest here, followed by sweet little Quigley. Bella Luna is about 1 year old, she isn’t much bigger than Quigley. My Gia would be next. Your Emma is a little bigger than Bella Luna (haven‘t seen recent pics of her lately though), and a bit smaller than Gia, or close. My Lexie is just a tad above their size. Fiddle I think would fall somewhere close with the girls mentioned above, but she’s still a puppy. And we have Morgan who I think is an adult now. Then we have Bryco, he’s not quite through growing though. My Chance is just a bit bigger than Bryco. Chance is 3 years old, though. Zoey is about their size too. Our next to smallest here would be Roo, Brody & Oakley.

You really can’t judge size by weights. We have pups here that weigh 3.5 to 4 lbs. that are much bigger than their weights. And some that weigh 5 lbs. that don’t look a hair over 3 lbs.

Anyway, that’s our tiny tot list. You can see pics of most of them all over the boards. I don’t think there are any recent pics of Bella Luna, but plenty of the rest that were mentioned. Maybe not many of Morgan, either.

Welcome to the boards, by the way. Your little Angel is precious! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'd have to round up all the Mom's screen names for ya. I'm used to calling them by their first names. :lol:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Haha, I think it's funny when people are like, "Ohh, how old is your puppy?! Did you just get her?"

I just weighed Bella and Libby today. Libby is 4.8 lbs and Bella is 2.4 lbs. It's so strange though because even though Libby weighs so much more, she really isn't that much bigger. So strange how their body proportions can affect their weight!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey is my tiny girl at 4.5#, but she seems like a giant compared to these other tinies :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Haha, I think it's funny when people are like, "Ohh, how old is your puppy?! Did you just get her?"

I just weighed Bella and Libby today. Libby is 4.8 lbs and Bella is 2.4 lbs. It's so strange though because even though Libby weighs so much more, she really isn't that much bigger. So strange how their body proportions can affect their weight!!
Has your little Bella grown much over the last few months? I haven't seen recent pics of her in ages, but assumed she was still a tiny tot. I know she was the last time I saw her pics. Her and Libby are near the same size?? Wow! She must have really grown then! :lol: There is a considerable size difference between Chance & Jade's size. Even though he is still a tiny fella', she is minute next to him! :lol: Not considerable in height and length, but just overall. You can tell Jade is half the size of Chance, easily. :)

Post some recent pics of your girls.:p How old are they now?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Weight is weird...Oakley is 3.7 lbs right now but I am trying to get her back to 3.5, she is having some knee trouble so we need to get her leaned up a bit. She is very "tall" and "long" and deer like, but has a nice apple head. She looks TINY when she lays down but she looks a bit bigger when standing.

Bryco is 3.7 lbs as well, but he is a long coat. Long coated chis look bigger to me, even though he is about 1.5 inches shorter in length than Oakley and about 1" shorter than her. But his body is much differently shaped, very compact. I suspect his frame is near done growing at 8 months, but I do think he will be around 5 lbs as an adult. As a baby he charted at under 3 lbs but that rarely happens so your Emma really is a tiny bee!

Just so you know, 7-8 months isn't full grown. They do slow down drastically, but they continue to fill out through about 18 months.

The final thing I've learned is your chihuahuas always look bigger to you than they do to everyone else!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Has your little Bella grown much over the last few months? I haven't seen recent pics of her in ages, but assumed she was still a tiny tot. I know she was the last time I saw her pics. Her and Libby are near the same size?? Wow! She must have really grown then! :lol: There is a considerable size difference between Chance & Jade's size. Even though he is still a tiny fella', she is minute next to him! :lol: Not considerable in height and length, but just overall. You can tell Jade is half the size of Chance, easily. :)

Post some recent pics of your girls.:p How old are they now?
I have not noticed any growth in Bella since she was about 9 months. She has consistently weighed about 2.5-2.8 lbs. I weigh her frequently just to make sure she doesn't lose anymore weight. Libby is bigger, taller, thicker, wider. I mean, you can see a difference in the two. Libby is still very small, just thick and cobby. Libby has grown A TON!! I'll have to post some new pics of the two:) IF they will let me take them! Haha..It's funny because because people will see them together and be like, "Oh my! The brown one is HUGE!" and I sit there and go, really?!?!? Libby is pretty small..and I think I actually prefer her size..Bella scares me half to death! Hope your babies are doing well:):)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Twiggy is another tiny one, she is 21 months now and weighs 2 pounds 12 oz. She's long legged and looks like she should weigh more, but is built very slender.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Pixie is 3.3lb as is darcy (darcy is only 6 months tho)

Daisy is 4.2lb and just about to turn 1 next month

Lotus isn't gaining and is 2.1 at 18 weeks and was 2 at 12 weeks

Louises lolly is 3lb there are a lot of dogs withing the standard (under 6lb) on here there aren't many over the standard from the uk as chis aren't as popular here as in america

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I am anxious to see pics of your little 2 pounder! Please post some! We love all sizes of chi's here, we have big ones, little ones, teensy ones. They are all precious. I love them all. The teensy ones are just fascinating to me though, as I am sure they are to many. Can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Welcome to the board, Beth&Emma. :) I look forward to pics of your pups.

Libby has grown A TON!! I'll have to post some new pics of the two:)
Please do! I'd love to see them, I've missed seeing your little ones. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Welcome to the board! I can't wait to see pics of your puppies. I bet they're all lovely!

There are Chi's here of all sizes. Many more under 5lbs than what was mentioned even. ;) My 3 smallest are between 4lbs 6oz & 4lbs 12oz. My biggest are 6lbs, 7lbs & 8lbs. Though my lightest (Maya) & my 6 pounder are the same height & length--just different build. Goes to show how weight really doesn't have much to do with actual size. Mari & Maxie are more compact & are around 4lbs 12oz...they look smaller to the eye than even my 4lb 6oz pup.

The tinies definitely require special care & I commend you for that. I personally wouldn't be able to go under 4lbs--unless they were very solid. The tiny frame & thin boned pups scare the bajesus outta me. Maya scares me enough she's so thin boned! Anyway, again welcome to the board. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about your Chi's..and seeing them as well! :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Its true you have to train your thinking
having a tiny chi.No furniture is a big one.
Also I would never walk her on a lead as
it scares me big time here in this city.We
have tons of pitbulls and Rotts and many run loose.
I got into a major coo once with a troll over that one!
She feels safest being carried and is less barky and nervous
that way.I do whats right for her so she enjoys going out.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Before anyone gets their feathers in a ruffle, I mentioned pups by size, not by weight. I have no clue what weight everyone's pups here are. I just listed the pups that are clearly tiny tots by size. :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts