Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find anything.

I was wondering if a person's first name could appear somewhere in the post, maybe under the date of joining or under something.

It seems that only a small amount of people include their name in their signature, or like me, use their names as their CP name (that's understandable, otherwise you'd get Julie1, Julie2, Julie3 etc. LOL!) I just feel rude sometimes when I don't know how to address someone. I agree that it's often not necessary, but sometimes, you want to address someone by name, and saying 'Moonshine's Mum' or whatever, just doesn't sound right. I've been here about 4 months, and I still don't know many of the regular posters' names when I reply to posts. Personally, I don't even care if people use an alias if they are uncomfortable with the world knowing their real first name, as long as it addresses them as a person, rather than just as 'dog's owner', LOL!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's a good idea! :)

By the way, my name is Malin. ;)
(I'm born in Sweden)
Hello Malin, nice to know your name! :) We've passed comments a number of times, but addressing you personally, as Malin, is definitely an improvement on saying "Hey, you're right, Electrocutionist!" LOL!

Is that pronounced Mah-lin, by the way? Or May-lin? :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I couldn't find anything.

I was wondering if a person's first name could appear somewhere in the post, maybe under the date of joining or under something.

It seems that only a small amount of people include their name in their signature, or like me, use their names as their CP name (that's understandable, otherwise you'd get Julie1, Julie2, Julie3 etc. LOL!) I just feel rude sometimes when I don't know how to address someone. I agree that it's often not necessary, but sometimes, you want to address someone by name, and saying 'Moonshine's Mum' or whatever, just doesn't sound right. I've been here about 4 months, and I still don't know many of the regular posters' names when I reply to posts. Personally, I don't even care if people use an alias if they are uncomfortable with the world knowing their real first name, as long as it addresses them as a person, rather than just as 'dog's owner', LOL!
If you go to user CP there's edit signature,you can add your name there at the bottom.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to user CP there's edit signature,you can add your name there at the bottom.
Yes, I have seen that, but most people don't seem to use it. Also, I think a lot of people actually use that line of text for doggy info, instead, don't they?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Elle, I think that's a brilliant idea!!! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's brilliant! Thanks so much Jane and Yung! Silly, I know, but it will make it easier to be able to address people now :D

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Damnnnn now I'm gonna have to thunk of something funny to put hahaha

Good idea elle I also forget peoples names and feel rude asking agaib

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Elle for coming up with the idea - it was a good one!! :)
Well, you guys can thank yourselves, actually! This is the first forum I've ever been to where I've felt so at home I've actually wanted to make a suggestion :D Now you just need to persuade those people who've left the name space blank, that there's a good reason for putting something there now! :)

(Oops!... having said that, I hadn't even realized that I was guilty of that one myself, until just now when I noticed my name wasn't showing up, LOL! :toothy6:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
This forum is great, I love how they take suggestions to heart, and implement the ones that they feel would be beneficial instead of just ignoring everything. I like having the names.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts