Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Titan his first bath the other day. I made it a very quick wash and tried to make it as easy as possible but he didn't like it at all!! After I dried him with a towel and let him go it was the first time he has run away from me. He didn't like the hair dryer either, lol. I wrapped him up and held him till he stopped shaking and calmed down then let him air dry because it is very warm weather.

I didn't realise how dirty he was till after. His coat is so thick it must trap a lot of dirt, even though I comb through it every day. He seems to like being brushed, anything to be fussed over. Such an angel ...when he's asleep. :laughing5:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Aww what a cutie!!! I love bathing and grooming mine it's really theraputic.

I love long coats puppy fur it always looks so fluffy I loved Neevas then she blew it and went through the uglies and I wanted to cry a bit ha so brace yourself! She's getting her adult coat now which is fab. Hairdryer wise I would get him used to it Neeva hated it at first but she'll tolerate it now and it makes my life easier lol!but seriously he's a cutie his colouring reminds me of a fox!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh yes his mother is white and cream, and his daddy is red sable and very foxy! We totally adore the dad, and he is such an affectionate smoochy boy. If Titan gets redder and foxier like him I will be delighted. I have read up on puppy uglies and prepared all the family!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Titan looks absolutely stunning in the second photo, so cute and peaceful. I love bath photos too they always make me laugh ive got a photo of duchess after her bath and she looks so small and drowned, im so used to seeing her like a big fluff ball haha!
All my girls hate the hair dryer too, I bought a pet dryer thinking it would be quieter as that's how it was advertised and it sounds like an aeroplane taking off so loud!
so they all freak out when I turn it on, so I just have to towel dry them as much as possible. They are getting used to baths though :)

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
He is a cutie, and I think he will get much redder and therefor more fox-like as he grows up.
Get him used to the hair dryer by just turning it on on the same room and giving him a reward. Then bring it nearer and nearer each day until he is happy for it to blow on him. He will soon learn that the hairdryer means treats and praise, you just need to introduce it slowly so it isn't scaring him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts