Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So here's why I am back. LOL. There was an old lady giving away puppies at Wal Mart yesterday. Not knowing what they were, I went to look (I always look...I love puppies...lol). Anyway, to my disbelief, there were three TINY female chihuahuas in the box. I started asking questions and found out that they were only 6 WEEKS OLD!! I became terrified when I started thinking about the lives these puppies were going to lead by going to owners who knew nothing about chihuahuas. I told the lady that she's not supposed to get rid of them until they are 12 weeks old and she didn't seem to care. She just kinda sat there and nodded. I was so ticked with her. But I called Michael and told him what was going on and how worried I was about the pups....he told me I could bring one home. The guy has a heart!! He's said "No more dogs" many times over now. LOL. Anyway, that's how I ended up w/ little Mary Jane, aka MJ. I'm going to take her to the vet tomorrow, even though she has supposedly had her first shots and deworming. I'm not taking that on faith from a woman who didn't care that she was too young to leave her mother.

Don't worry guys. I'm taking VERY good care of the little girl. You know me. Anyway, here are Mary Jane, Tito and Marley.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Remember Annie? The lab/golden mix Mike brought home from the job site? Here she is. And she's GREAT w/ the puppy. She lets her climb all over her face and bite her! lol.

This is Rosie, my friend's Golden Retriever.

Hope you guys like her. I'm totally open to any suggestions as to anything special I need to do for her being so young. I've also been doing my research online. I'm really concerned about her, but she seems VERY healthy and playful, and she's got a great appetite, so that's a big plus. But I'll take all the suggestions I can get. GLAD TO BE BACK!!! :)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, I got this on an index card w/ the pup. Talk about irresponsible!! But still, this will show you just how incompetent of a person we're talking about here.

Full Blooded Apple Head
Chichuaha
6 wks olded female black & tan, broned aug 23, 2007 had fristed 7-in 1 and wromed, but need to start the rested of shots.

Oh yeah. Like that's going to prove anything to me or a vet. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!! :) I'm so glad you guys will be able to watch her grow w/ me. :) She's a strong girl, and I'm confident that w/ some good TLC she'll do just fine here. :)

I'M SO GLAD TO BE BACK!!! :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
It's about time you showed up girlie! I've been worried sick about you! Now that I know you are O.K.... I love Mary Jane and the other puppies too of course! It's so good to see you.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Alisha and Lin!! :wave: So you think MJ will be ok even though she is only 6 weeks old?

And TELL Me about it w/ the spelling!! :lol::lol:

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
AEROMarley1983 said:
Hey Alisha and Lin!! :wave: So you think MJ will be ok even though she is only 6 weeks old?

And TELL Me about it w/ the spelling!! :lol::lol:
I think she'll be fine, now that you have her. We got Ernie at six weeks, not my preference, but that's the way it was. How's the little darling eating and everything?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow, that is very sad, those poor little puppies :( !

I am glad that u got one. She seems very sweet and I hope that she will be ok w/o the mom :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Aww shes grogeous so are your over furbabies i thik i would of took them all :D even if it ment finding them new homes atleast id find them good homes so they dont go to just any jo bloggs ( please note no affense to you i can see your dogs are very well looked after :D)

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
MJ is adorable and gorgeous! Kudos to you for adopting her. She is in good hands now.

Your other dogs are cute.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again everyone. Fortunately I'm still working from home, so I'm here to feed her when she's hungry, put her on the paper when she wakes up, play with her, etc. She's getting the best possible care!! :)

Trust me, I SOOOOO wanted them all. LOL! But when you've already got three dogs, a husband who keeps saying no to more dogs and a roomate w/ a dog, you don't push it when he says, "You can have ONE!!" LOL! So I didn't push it. I just hung up and grabbed a dog before he could change his mind!! HAHA! I'm awful. :lol: XD

Ok...to Lin's question....She has a great little appetite! Her teeth haven't fully come in yet, so I'm mushing the food w/ water for her. The only thing I'm having much trouble with is getting her to drink water out of the bowl. LOL! She wants it off of my finger. But she has been going potty ON THE NEWSPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so so so so so proud!! lol. We've got her on Natural Choice puppy chicken meal, rice and oatmeal formula. She LITERALLY dives right in. :lol: I'll have to video her eating for you guys. She's a nut!! LOL! Slurps it all right up.

I'll post more pics and a vid later tonight after work....which I have to return to for the moment. Grrr....I'm off at 6. Talk more then!! XD

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Kristi,
Glad to see you back. I missed seeing pics of Tito and Marley. Now I get my Tito, Marley and MJ Fix. They're all as cute as ever :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Omgggg MJ is soo adorable!! :love5: Congrats on your new puppy :)
And I can't believe how big Annie is!!! She's grown into such a beautiful young lady!
I'm so glad you're back!! I missed you and your pups!
Tito and Marley look great- such handsome boys :love4:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Nice to see your crew again, and your new pup is too cute. I love her little nose. Good luck with her, it sounds like she's going to be fine with the care you're giving her.

P.S. Can I borrow Annie for a little while? I'm not sure you would get her back...:lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts