Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Thank you SO much Terri!!! That helps a ton. Now I'll measure The Wee's, and see how the measurements compare. :) Thanks again for doing that for me!!! :daisy:

Yeah, hopefully someone will have the size 1. That'll really give me a great start having both measured. The front part, that goes across them, the leg holes is a concern. So having that and the entire length will be awesome!!!

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!! xxxxx

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
T I think BB fit true to size, imo their charts are very accurate unlike all the other brands. I am almost certain nobody around here has a size 1.
I remember LS saying she has a size 2 for Bella.
I thought only Jade was the really small one. If you could measure their girths and let us know maybe we could help you further.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
LS where are you??? a little help with BB size 1?
E, you may be right, I don't remember exactly. I just remember the "cheated on puppia" thread and there she said that Bella would be a size 1 naked but on the last hole so she ordered the size 2 so it would be perfect for winter when she wears a sweater below.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
T I think BB fit true to size, imo their charts are very accurate unlike all the other brands. I am almost certain nobody around here has a size 1.
I remember LS saying she has a size 2 for Bella.
I thought only Jade was the really small one. If you could measure their girths and let us know maybe we could help you further.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I would love to be able to buy things just going by girth size. But unfortuanetly that rarely works for them. Since their chest, in the front is very narrow, along with being so tiny, I usually have to go a little smaller than actual girth measurements. I've bought more things that end up too big, than actually fits them. :/ It usually means returns if I'm shopping online. With the BB being so expensive, having the actual measurement of the length, and the width/length of the part the goes around their legs will help me a ton. :) I might just have to order the size 1 and give it a try. xxx

Jade isn't big enough for the size 1, but it might work well for the other 3. :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
T some shops sell BBs where do you live? Would it be easy for you to drive to a store?
there you could try it. I know funnyfur is in Texas.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
i remember LS saying she had both size 1 and 2 for Bella. 2 fit with clothes, 1 fit without ( i think )
LS where are you??? a little help with BB size 1?
E, you may be right, I don't remember exactly. I just remember the "cheated on puppia" thread and there she said that Bella would be a size 1 naked but on the last hole so she ordered the size 2 so it would be perfect for winter when she wears a sweater below.
That would be great if she has the size 1 and can give me actual measurements. But I think size 1 is for only up to 10" chest. Anyway, if anyone has the 1, it would help greatly. If not, I'll just order one size 1 and see how it works. I'm in no rush. :) The girth part isn't my concern, the size 1 will fit fine going by that, I'm really looking for the measurement across the chest, the leg hole part. Having the entire length of it would be awesome!! :)

Thank you all for your help!!! xxx

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
T some shops sell BBs where do you live? Would it be easy for you to drive to a store?
there you could try it. I know funnyfur is in Texas.
The closest store to me would be Houston. 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive depending on the location of the store.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Did a search, Bella wears size 2. So looks like I'll just order the size 1, and see how it goes. Will let you all know. :) Thanks a ton for your help, girls!! :daisy:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
One more question. Each size fits within 2" girth. So if it fits 8 to 10", does that mean for 8" it would buckle on the smallest hole, and 10" the largest hole?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I have a size 1, what is it exactly you want to know? the measurement on the width of the arms?
The whole thing. The width/length of the arm hole part, and the length of the strap. The arm holes look really big/wide on the BB's.

Do you have a pic of it on your pup?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more question. Each size fits within 2" girth. So if it fits 8 to 10", does that mean for 8" it would buckle on the smallest hole, and 10" the largest hole?
Yes. And when you look at the width of the piece with the arm holes, remember the hole opening is large because it it's up over the shoulder to allow freedom of movement. I am not explaining well but if you look at doginthedesert's picture you can see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yes. And when you look at the width of the piece with the arm holes, remember the hole opening is large because it it's up over the shoulder to allow freedom of movement. I am not explaining well but if you look at doginthedesert's picture you can see what I mean.
Yeah, that's where the chest measurement thing doesn't really work for my crew. Where the arm holes are made in width/length for say the average 9" chest, it will be too big in girth for mine because they are so narrow. Does that make sense? Like the size 2, the arm holes are 6 1/2" in length, then you have the strap. So what ends up happening is the arm holes would end up coming up to far around the chest where it buckles, making it too big.

I'm just gonna try the size 1. The 2 will be too big going by the pics and measurements. :)

Thank you all so much for your help on the BB newbie!! :daisy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts