Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Ok so Pixie is now 8 months old.
However we keep reading how Chi's love other 'Chi's' and HATE to be alone etc..she does follow me everywhere so I can believe that.
So the question is - should we get another chi or will she be happy on her own? I havent set up a camera or anything to see how she reacts when I leave for work etc but she has started howling at night for the first hour. (I dont give her any attention)
The last thing we'd want is to get her a chi friend and her not like them etc.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I don't really know if she would like a friend,all i can tell you is i have 2 chis and they adore each other,have you got a friend who has a dog and could bring round to your house to see how she gets on with another dog,she's young so i don't see why she wouldn't.have you read Lisa's thread ?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I dont really have any friends with 'small' dogs, her puppy class didnt allow much interaction either :(
She does play quite rough with bigger dogs. But as I keep reading about Chi's bond to the same breed, Im wondering if this makes a difference?

My neighbour just text me to say Pixies been crying this week so I guess Ive potentially got seperation anxiety to deal with.
Shes never really been left alone until now.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
poor pixie is getting lonely
i would never have one dog in the
house. we have our right combo now
with 2 chis and a chi x terrier. all girls
my preferance.
as michele says shes still only young
bianca is 3 and amber 4 1/2 months,
mindy is 7 months.
bianca is our peacekeeper
she did bite ambers nose once, but
we caught her and was on time out for the
day, now they are great friends.
i think its a great idea if you can afford it

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I would say that yes, two is better than one! Bringing home a second chi has made our first chi's life much more enjoyable, in my opinion. When I am gone, they sleep and play together. When they go on walks together, they run and chase each other. I also don't feel as guilty about leaving Lion alone for a bit when I know he has Penny to keep him company.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LOL you wont get anyone saying not to get another here really i dont think.
I brought 2 home at the same time, Daisy was almost 3 years old and Darla was 8 weeks and they loved each other from day one.
I added Dillon and that gives Daisy some peace when Darla wants to play too much. ha!
3 is my magic number. hehe! but 2 is great aswell. x

·
Registered
51 Posts
since you already have another dog (pit), i'd say no (unless you already have 3 dogs total already). Going from one to two chis wasn't an issue but going from two to three was more complicated than I originally thought. Most US airlines limit the number of dogs in cabin to only two, same with a lot of hotels that allow pets.

·
Registered
201 Posts
bell is 7months old i just got a pup for her to have a playmate,(and for me hehe) i have a shih tzu shes 3 but acts about 33, lol i think its nice to have 2 :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts