Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 week old puppy hit his head hard on the floor today. He was running around like a crazy dog, playing. He bonked his head and yelped! I panicked and rushed him to to the vet. They told me he seemed okay but to watch for: pupils that are not the same size, siezures, back legs not working properly, balance issues, and loss of control of the bowels. They told me to give him a 1/8th of a baby asperin. He seems fine but I was sooo shaken up about it I had to mention my experience to everyone here. I went to pick up the asperin and they gave me the wrong one, I read it and it wasn't baby asperine. So I went back to the pharmacy and told them I needed "baby asperin". The lady was like "you aren't giving that to that little dog are you" and I told her "yes the vet's instructions" then she said "is that dog even old enough to be away from its mother" " I was starting to get irriated. "Yes its 8 weeks old!" Sheesh, talk about not a good time for all the questions! I just wanted the pills. So all seems fine, I hope I never have this happen again!! I felt sick to my stomach!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
my dog had a mild concussion same thing happened. He was actually quite a disaster in waiting when I first got him...........thank goodness he out grew that **did I say that--no I didnt--GO AWAY MURPHY**

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper jumped out of my arms and did a swan dive onto the parking lot pavement when he was under 6 months old. Talk about a heart attack!!! He was fine... I had to get oxygen and a valium.

Glad your little one is okay. I hope you recover soon. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
That must of been horrible!! I remember when I found out FElonys Femur was broken I nearly hyperventalted!! I'm happy to hear hes doing good know!

·
Registered
275 Posts
they are such fragile little dogs its so hard to stop them bumping themselves. our dog had epilepsy we think because she bumped her head, we never found out as we never saw her bump it. you were very lucky! get her a helmet till she stops bein silly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts