Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I researched and finally ordered. I found a seller on ebay. They sold all sorts of hospital supplies. Including washable bed pads. When I was reading their feedback, I found a buyer who bought a set of MUCH bigger pads. his user name implied he bred or showed dogs. Much different dogs than mine but I knew immediately that he was someone to chat up. I messaged him and asked if he in fact used the pads for his dogs. He did and had great things to say about this seller and the pads.

MUCH cheaper than the dog versions that I found. I got 4, 23x35 (that is the small!!) for 19.99 and 7.95 fedex shipping.

I tried one with the girls last night and they played with the edge of the pad immediately but then promptly pottied on it. Oh, my word, it held so much, never leaked through and I waited to post this until I washed the used pad and could comment. Came perfectly clean even without bleach.

I pay about $30 for a bag of 100 disposable pads. This will be a nice savings (to help pay for the ZP and everything else I buy for these little monkeys...haha!) if we keep being successful with these. If so, I plan to buy another 4.

Also, we have come home a couple of times to find that they have have pulled their paper pad out of it's holder. They are getting older and smarter! This would stop that. It is fairly heavy and it cannot be torn up.

Anyway-thank you again if you shared your experience of washable pads with me.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
That's wonderful.....I am glad you found some and such a good price

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Lol you think they cant tear it up, and I hope you are right!

I love the disposable ones--last thing I want is more stuff to wash for them lol.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I used the washable pad for a few months. First I bought 2 the ones for baby in large size. That went well so I bought another 2. We never had any accident for awhile but after a few washes we started to have some accident here and there and a few more washes Smeagol totally refused using them. So I took that out and put down the disposable one and he went there right away. It has been a week and we're back to accident free. I too tried to save some money but Smeagol don't want to cooperate. Oh well...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm really glad they worked for you. I used the same for Tango (slightly different version than the link you provided) and he did great on them, no problems at all, just like your experience. I'm wracking my brains trying to remember why I switched to disposables lol! I know it was when I moved from my old place to in my roommate's house with her, and also around that same time my schedule changed dramatically. I think it was something to do with having far less time than I used to and being worried that I wasn't going to have the time to keep up with the washables.

Anyway, I'm glad they're working out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts