Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feel so bad i when to go see her after the surgery, and she looked lossed. i don't know what i have to do when she gets home do you'll have any suggestion. If you do PLEASE TELL. i'll put the pictures on today or tommorow

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Well since all I have had are boys I dunno what advice to give except, lotsa lovies, and huggies...spoil her... :D

With my older boy I made sure his wound was clean, and pulled out all the blankets to make sure he was comfy..

I hope she has a good surgery! :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Dasey will be fine but give her space, dont try and pick her up. She will still be dopey and out of it. Offer water and a lil bit of food, if that stays down ok then give her more later, dont be surprised if she doesnt eat at all, that is ok. If you have Nutrical then give her some of that. Dont be alarmed if she has the loose poops that may be from the drugs and anesthia. GIVE her pain meds for a day or two she will need it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery :wave:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Agree with everything that KB mamma said! My girls were all pretty doppy after their surgeries and none of them ate the first night of being home. Be sure to keep your girl quiet until the stitches are removed, or until they disolve...the vet should have told you how long to keep her quiet...we have seen a couple spays come back because they tore their surgical site and had to go back for more surgery..all because the owners felt bad for keeping them crated and allowed them to play. They all meant well but thats why the vet gives the directions they do. So keep her quiet and only leash walks...no running or jumping.

Thats all I have to add. Your little girl will be just fine! Good luck and let us know how she does!!!!
-Jessica

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm sure Dasey will do just fine. She will probably sleep quite a bit today. I would just try to keep her comfortable and quiet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks im going to do that. and you know that when we went to the pet hospital they ask if we wanted to buy medican for after her surgery, of course we said yes. and its double the pain because she had a hernea, (that was removed) and they went in throught the same whole. :sad5: thank god.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I am so happy that Dasey did good during her surgery.. hope she has a speedy recovery....

I was just looking at her pictures you posted... she sure does have long legs.. I love her little face...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts