Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
WooHoo!!!!:hello1:

Very excited for you! You WILL post pictures of course? Yeah, I'm curious how hubby's going to react, too. ;)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently I have a tiny little pen made up (out of those metal cube organizer thingies that you put together) I used it for leila when she came home until I got the one she has now. That along with leilas pen is taking up 85% of my kitchen haha. I thought he maybe should have his own little space first, but i'm really unsure what to do. Should I go ahead and do this first then just put him in with leila like tomorrow or later today? I ideally want them in the same pen. (it's not a crate), so they can keep eachother company/be close and i don't really have any more room for dog crates. haha

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
If it was me i would give him space the first day then see how it goes from there i'm sure your instincts kick in and you'll think yes todays the day i put them together

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I agree with Michele. I would definatly give the new puppy some space & see how things go they may be best buddies from the start or they may need a bit of time to adjust to each other.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bet you can't wait! I get my new baby in 18 days too so I know how you feel! Please keep me posted how the introduction went and if you have any tips for when I bring Aimee home. Hope you all enjoy today xx

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Going well :) He is whining in his pen right now. :O Im eating a quick bite then he is going in the car to pick kids up from school.
Leila is VERY excited with him. She started playing with him right away. :) Lucy is fine with him. WInston hasn't met him yet.
Boy for a little fella he sure can whine loud. :coolwink:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww poor thing! I'd put them together if they're getting along ok. (so glad to hear Leila wanted to play immediately!) Just remember everything he's ever known is gone so he's starting over so to speak. I hope he adjusts quickly! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So glad you have him home! Get out the camera!! We need pics!! :)

Brody was a butt when we brought him home. He cried ALL NIGHT LONG for about 4 nights. Screamed his bloody head off. We stuck it out and now he will sleep anywhere (motels, strange houses, in the car) because we didn't give in. If you put him in bed with you, that's where he'll stay from that night on - I guarantee it. So let him cry it out if you want him to be able to adapt and sleep anywhere. If you don't mind him in your bed - that's another story! :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So glad he's home, yay! That's great that Leila wanted to play. :) And, yes, we need pics!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts