Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should be long over the loss of this little dog, but I'm not. It's not like I"m not functioning, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I think my boys feel the same way. Bruiser is, well Bruiser. Not a real warm and fuzzy dog. Peach is a sweetie. She really is. No complaints on her at all. She is actually very similar to Maya and so friendly and loving. But she ISN'T Maya and there was just something about her that got me more than any other dog. Thinking about her being only 2 today makes me even sadder that her life was just too short. sigh Trying to convince Dh that maybe another one would be good. But since Peach has been breaking into the garbage bags and throwing garbage around my kitchen, the timing is all wrong. LOL Thanks for letting me think about my girl today.
And, Happy Birthday to Draco!!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
((Hugs)) I think it is just fine and perfectly normal you still think about her and miss her. I know I will always miss each of mine when they go. I sometimes think puppies behave better when they have someone to tire them out, it doesn't sound like Peach is getting that from Bruiser.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I honestly think that you never "get over" losing one of your babies. Its been almost 5 years since I lost(someone took him) my first chi Dexter( he was not even 2) and I still think about him every day( I carry his pic in my wallet). He made me fall in love with chis and for the rest of my life I will remember him.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry hon. ((((hugs))))

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Im sorry that a day that should have been happy is such a sad one. Youre in my thoughts.

And yes, timing is everything for that kind of discussion. Behave, Peach!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry, hun. :( I think what you're feeling is totally normal. I really don't think you ever get over it. They're always with you somehow. ((HUGS))

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am so sorry. I lost my "heart dog" 3 years ago on March 13th at 1237 PM. I still think about her every day and miss her everyday. (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I miss my two old dogs too. :( It took me 3 years to even think about getting another dog. I felt like it would be 'disloyal' somehow. We all grieve differently. I know you miss her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i know how you feel , the day my girl died i was devastated and there is not a day that goes by i dont think of her , i think it is totally normal

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i think its good that you are shareing your sad emotions with us this is the perfect place because as i read your note i felt your sadness and lose immediately, we all love our little animals and they are as our family in our hearts hope your sadness eases in time

·
Registered
477 Posts
Got interrupted and didn't finish my message ... I know how you feel and how these little ones stay in our hearts and minds. Happy birthday, Maya. I'm sure she's having a wonderful time at the Rainbow Bridge.

Jeanette

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I lost my heart dog 5 years ago & she was my chi now (Midgie's mom). Isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. She died at 6 years old. I look at Midgie which makes me think of her Mother even more, but having Midgie helps me remember all the love and great times I got to share with her. I know exactly how you feel, because it still really hurts sometimes.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw hon! I'm so sorry. I don't think you should be over her already, I know I wouldn't! My babies are my children. It would still be very hard. *Hugs* I know it's a hard day.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am sorry that you have to deal with these feelings. It is hard to ever feel "over" them. I have lost a few dogs over the years and I still think about them and miss them each in their own special way.

Peach, if you ever want another playmate I think you are going to have to behave. Just stay out of the trash silly girl.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sorry that you have to deal with these feelings. It is hard to ever feel "over" them. I have lost a few dogs over the years and I still think about them and miss them each in their own special way.

Peach, if you ever want another playmate I think you are going to have to behave. Just stay out of the trash silly girl.
Thanks all. LOL about Peach and her naughtiness. She just acts naughty and then looks right up at my husband, cocks her head and almost dares him to yell at her. Like a defiant teenager. This is a man who can be rather intimidating to those who work for him. haha He is rather mad at her though right now. So timing is everything. I generally get my way. It just takes time. Thanks for the kind thoughts of Maya. My sister and I were talking about her today and just how cute she was. She was like the ambassador for chihuahuas because she was so cute, little and totally friendly. Just not meant to be. It helps that yesterday is also my cousin's birthday and my little niece's so I was distracted. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Happy birthday Maya!! HUGS over here from us too!!! :love5: I already think about what will happen when I lose Roxy... she's only 5 months! I'll be devastated and I'll never get over it especially since she's my first chi. My lab is 10 years old and I am dreading the day it's time for her to leave. I could cry just thinking about it right now. It is completely okay you're not over it. It's good you're sharing your emotions with us. Your baby loved you so much and I'm sure she's looking down on you from the Rainbow Bridge sending you lots of love!! <3 I'll be thinking about you!!

I honestly think that you never "get over" losing one of your babies. Its been almost 5 years since I lost(someone took him) my first chi Dexter( he was not even 2) and I still think about him every day( I carry his pic in my wallet). He made me fall in love with chis and for the rest of my life I will remember him.
I'm so sorry someone took him from you!! That is absolutely terrible. No one should ever have to go through that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts