Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many times a day does your chi go to the toilot. My one goes about four times a day which seems alot to me, is this normal?
He don't seem to pee much though.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
puppies have very weak bladders, they have to go every few hours and cant really hold it, they usualy go soon after they drink, which is why they can be so hard to potty train, as u cant really expect a puppy to hold it all night if it needs to go.
I think i remeber reading somehwere that if u take the puppies age in months this is approximately how long it will be able to "hold" it for
mia
x

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper poops twice a day... first thing in the morning and last thing at night. He goes out to pee lots of times during the day; probably about 5-10 times. But I'm home all day long, so I think sometimes, he just wants to go outside but has to come up with a really good reason to make me get up off the couch. :lol:

You can expect your chi to need to go out about 30 - 60 minutes after they eat and 20-40 minutes after they drink a big "serving" of water.

·
Registered
820 Posts
bobo poops right after he eats LOL...except for his last meal of the day, then he sleeps then poops right when he wakes up!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pixie poops about 3 times a day and pees much more than that! And Josie's Mom - don't worry about her not pooping in the right spot....Pixie is a little bit older than Josie and just finished going through that stage (I hope). They eventually get the idea to poop where they are also peeing eventhough it does take much patience and carpet cleaner!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I swear Chico goes like 20 times a day. It seems like I'm either constantly taking him out (I sit outside with him. I'm always afraid he will get out) or I'm cleaning up an accident (those are getting rare).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts