Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
I'd say what someone else said as soon she gets up in morn put her out. If need be put her in crate no pad. when you get up in morn take her immediatley outside giver he 20 minutes outside. Thats how I trained Lady, Lady now will go outside but if no access or severe weather she will go on pad. hope this helps

· Registered
1,107 Posts
how long are you leaving her out when she goes? I have a rule of thumb with newbies 20 minutes or unless they go before that. I would remove the pad in the am keep Lola out till she does what she has to do and not before. when she goes back in if she is sniffing looking for the pad put her back out tell her go do pee pees. I personally wouldnt put the pad down till after she did her bz outside and came back in. I guess I have more time than others to stay on top like a fly on manure ITs not easy lerking after a dog all day but if it isnt consistant it isnt going to happen. JMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.