Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had to take Gambit in for his neuter and tomorrow its time for Chaos to go in for his op. This week is a hard one!

Long story short, Chaos has a Inguinal Hernia. It was looking okay and that his op could wait 2-3 months, however at a vet check on Monday, my vet decided to do it tomorrow as we are no longer able to push it back in and the main concern now is strangulation.

His breeder is very responsible and is paying for the op to be done.

Chaos is 13.5 weeks old. Luckily, my little chunky monkey is 1.5kg (just over 3lbs- wouldn't have it any other way! ;)) so the vet isn't too concerned about his size. Obviously there's always a risk.

So if you don't mind, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I am very scared about this :(
Tomorrow will be a very nerve-racking day!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Oh shucks double whammy....

I'm sure all will be fine and if your vet is as good as mine your worries will all be for nothing and Chaos and Gambit will be fine.

Hugs x x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Omg Lucy that's awful... Could they neuter h atyhe same te to save the anaesthetic?? Good in his breeder though that's fantastic!!!

Well be thinking of you and the little guy tomorrow tha k god he has size on his side!!! Xxxx

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh shucks double whammy....

I'm sure all will be fine and if your vet is as good as mine your worries will all be for nothing and Chaos and Gambit will be fine.

Hugs x x
Thanks! Gambit has been up to eat, drink and toilet but is still very sleepy.
Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow.
This vet is the one who did Kiki's spay (I went to another for Gambit, probably wont be going back!) and he did a really good job with her. Obviously its a different type of op but I have faith :)

Omg Lucy that's awful... Could they neuter h atyhe same te to save the anaesthetic?? Good in his breeder though that's fantastic!!!

Well be thinking of you and the little guy tomorrow tha k god he has size on his side!!! Xxxx
Well theres a problem either way! Basically, where the hernia is, his intestines are now in the place his testicles would be (trying to put it as nicely as possible), so right now it looks like he has a pair.
The other day when the loop of intestine was all up inside, there were no testicles there. Also, vet had a feel and couldnt find them.
If I chose to wait for Chaos to get older and for his testicles to descend, they might not anyway because of the location of the hole. However, once he repairs it tomorrow, theres a good chance they wont ever descend because of where the hole is.

So it looks as though theres a possibility that he'll have to under-go another invasive procedure in a few months when he's ready to be neutered. I will of course try and leave it as long as possible, provided he isnt showing any sexual behaviour or marking, as I don't want him to have two ops so close together.

Either way, this has had me in a mess :(. Doesnt help that Gambit was booked in today :rolleyes:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh honey I hope u r both ok xxx
Thanks, I appreciate it x
I'll probably end up crying my eyes out tomorrow, big wuss, I am ;)

At least today I had lots of running about to do. Tomorrow I've not really got anything else on so I'll be watching the clock!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I also cried when Gretel was spayed, I trust my vet with her life but I was still a wreck.
I'm sure he'll be just fine, better safe than sorry and he'll love and thank his mommy in the long run, 2 operations or not.

We'll be watching the clock for Chaos tomorrow too!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Good luck! I'm sure all will go well! :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm glad to here Gambit is doing good. Having these little ones put under is always hard. I feel for you.
I'll have Chaos in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he'll do just fine. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you so much everyone :)
I'll let you know how it goes. Just about to leave to take him him now.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took him in :( The nurse took him from me I know she has a Chi too so I know he'll be having lots of cuddles!
Cried like a baby walking down the street.

They said I'd get a call around 1, he should be going in around 11.
Its only 9.50am!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got the call, he is out of surgery, sitting up, awake but groggy. I am SO relieved. The vet phoned to let me know how it went, he said it was complicated but he managed to get it all done and he doesnt think there'll be a problem in future.

Plus some more good news... he managed to castrate him! He found his testicles. He said, and I quote, "Yeah they were floating about in there" LOL!
Obviously it is a little early to neuter him as he is only 3 months but the vet said it would've been a very tricky surgery to go back in in a few months so its better to get it all done now.

I am SO happy, relieved, elated lol everything. I worried so much!

Thank you all for thinking about him today! I get to go and pick him up at 4. Cant wait!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts