Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ihad it done like 3weeks b4 i was 18, it PROPER KAINED, it was sooooo sore after i couldnt speak or eat, and it even hurt to swallow, wen my dad found out what i had done he threatened to kick me out if i didnt take it out,he kept saying waitin until your 18 and i was like omg its 3weeks away!!! so i ran upstairs and in agony unscrewed the ball yanked it out went and showed my dad it was out then, ran back upstairs to put it back in, i couldnt even find the whole again, so i had to leave it out i was soooo angry as it cost me £40 $80 to get that done!!! NEVER AGAIN though it hurt wayyyy to much for me!!! lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had mine done when I was around 25 yrs old - Never again!! Now I had my labret done, nose, ears etc but I'd always fancied my tongue. I showed my dad who thought it was fake at first. I went home and the pain became worse as the anaethestic wore off. I couldnt swallow, I couldnt talk or drink or even suck on a ice pop.
I'd paid around £30 - $70us for this done and within 5 hours of haivng it done I was back at my dad's asking him to take the thing out for me!

These days I am almost 35 and I just keep my earings in and my labret.......I dont wear my nose stud and I'd never ever get my tongue done again!!!

My baby sister who is 22 as her's done and she has never had any problems,so I guess it all depends on how you react at the time

Sinead x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. Well i have my ears, belly, and nose done.. My nose HURT WAY BAD! i have had it done 2 times tho. A tear ran down my face when i got it done. But that was it.
My friends say it dont hurt at all. But i was just wanting to see what other people told me. I LOVE TATTOOS. and i was told it isnt as bad as a tat. Any comment with that?
Ive been wanting it done for a year now, and too chicken. My hubby told me to go ahead its my body. But im just wanting some input on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have my tongue pierced....have had it for almost 4 years now. It was put in crooked, so it bled a lot more than normal within the first hour of having it pierced, after that, the bleeding stopped.

Ok....for the first week, it was pretty sore. I had trouble talking, eating....even drinking through a straw. And there is a lot of oral care involved with it. You have to use special mouthwash and stuff. But seriously, if you think you can make it through the pain....I totally think a tongue ring is worth it. I feel nude without mine. And from someone who has had one almost 4 years....mine never hurts (even though it is a little crooked) and I can take it out for like a week at a time if I need/want to....but I rarely take it out. ;)

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
I didn't think my tongue was bad at all. :dontknow: I'm sure it's different for every person and tolerance of pain must make a difference too. :) For me it felt like I burned my tongue on hot coffee. I had trouble pronouncing my r's, s's, and t's for a little while :lol: but overall it healed very quickly. I've had tons of piercings throughout my life and the worst was probably my nose. If you can handle a nose piercing, you can handle a tongue. :)

I have tons of tattoos too and think tattoos are worse. Sometimes with tattoos, depending on how long your session is, you're sitting there for hours. With a tongue piercing, it's done in seconds. :)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I had my tongue pierced. I didn't even feel it, and it didn't hurt even once during the healing process. Most people consider it to be the least painful piercing you can get, if it's done right. It is considered healed in a month, the only annoying thing is having to clean your mouth every time you put something in it (food, drink, etc.) until it's healed. My tongue was pretty swollen for a couple days, but I just sucked on ice a lot, and it took some getting used to eating with it. I bit the barbell a couple times, which kinda hurt. Anyway I took it out after a couple years because it became bothersome to me, but I'm thinking of getting it done again.

·
Registered
803 Posts
its strange how some people say it kills and other dont!! lol, its all depending on you as a person i guess! i had my ears pierced 3times and one ear the top bit, and my belly but they didnt hurt atall! just my tounge did, in a way im glad my dad made me keep it out as i think i would b less likely to get a beautican job with it, they are quiet strict on piercing (posher places eg:spa`a & hotels, more than your normal nail bar)
I say go for it and if you cnt stand the pain after then take it out, least you know you tried it!

·
Registered
706 Posts
My son had his done on his 18th birthday. He is 25 and still has it pierced. I know he had to have it out when he donated his kidney to my granddaughter but it didn't close up. I swear he did not have any trouble with his and I believe Mandy didn't have any trouble. Mandy would play with her's a little more and so a stranger would be more apt to notice but Dustin never does and most people don't know his tongue is pierced.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sinead-Rocky said:
Tattoos dont hurt half as much as the tongue LOL
I had my tat done on the same day as my tongue, and I totally agree with you! I think a lot of it is just the fear of having a large needle go through your tongue. ANd the initial puncture is the scariest part!! LOL!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
my best has her tounge done and has tats, she said her tounge was pain free, especially compared to the tats.
ive always been told that when done by a good peircer and done properly (and you remember to exhale as the needle goes through) you SHOULDNT have more than a second of pinch like pain (it aparently should feel just like getting an injection)
The tounge is aparently difficult to peice right though and you should reasearch your peircer and their experiences because if its not exactly centered due to the strength of the tounge as a muscle plus the fact theres alot of nerves AND blood vessles, itll hurt more than it would done by an experienced peircer who gets the positioning perfect.

the exhaling is aparently very important too, itll hurt more if you hold your breath.

ive never thought about getting my tounge done...never interested me...but theres other peircings ive thought about.
while tattoos are supposed to hurt "more" its a different kind of pain than a peircing...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got my tongue pierced! It hurt a bit, I think the worst part was when they clamped my tongue out though. I've had it done about a year now and I love it! Most people don't even notice when they're talking to me, but I love all the funky little bars you can get :). I have one with a whistle on it!

The healing was a bit annoying, with me though, the fact that it was hard to eat made me more determined to eat! So I probably ate more than I usually would! Just suck on ice poles, ice cubes (flavoured ones are nice) and drink lots of cold drinks and smoothies and stuff.

Just remember to wash your mouth out after every meal! 1/2 Listerine 1/2 water was what I used, and it worked just fine and healed up pretty soon. Oh and no dairy products for a week!

And for anyone who is curious, I'll put it in small so it's less noticeable - My boyfriend absolutely loved it if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i had my done way back in 1999. Long time ago but i took it out after 2 yrs cuz i had to go to a job interview and forgot to put it back in for weeks and it just closed up :(.. I repierced it last year and it wasnt as bad as the first time i had it pierced. it just felt like a pinch and i felt some pain for a few hours but i was fine the next day had no swelling either. I guess the first time was bit more painfull cuz the second time they just had to stretch the old hole again LOL that sounded funny .. But i dont recall the first time being all that painfull . Its really not that bad just gotta make sure u take care of your new piercing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ive had my tongue pierced twice. The first time was without anaesthetic and all i really felt was a scratch. Even though i had it pierced further forward than would usually be done(and this is more painfull) as im slightly tongue tied. I found the next week uncomfortable due to the tongue swelling. But i expected this. I ate lots of ice ans sucked on ice lollies. Used ALCOHOL FREE mouthwash half diluted with water. I removed it after 2 yrs. The 2nd time i had it done was with anaesthetic and it was quite painfull but only because it was being repierced through the scar tissue from the original piercing. If you want to have your tongue pierced then go for it. The main thing is the week after having it pierced, as you have to be prepared to put up with the swelling . Oh and dont eat any spicy food! lol.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I had my tongue pierced. It was my FAVORITE piercing lol. I think the worst part of the whole thing was the clamp. I didn't feel the needle go through but I heard it lol. It was awesome! The only reason I took it out was because I was sick and it was getting on my nerves. The healing process was really good for me. I didn't eat solid foods for a week, lived on milk shakes lol. I wasn't sore and it didn't swell.

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow I don't knwo but i wouldn't get my toung peirced. but I have my ears done 3 times on both sides(did those myself) I used to have my belly button peirced but I had to take it out because it got really badly infected. I do all my peircings myself because I don't trust other people to do it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts