Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Chloe's Senior Prom. Can't believe she will graduate from high school in just a few weeks. Where does the time go. I took a few pics and thought I'd share them with you guys! We had some teen drama about her updo and she didn't think it looked right after getting it done at the salon so came home and took it all down and her sister did it!! Thank God for sisters!! (Courtney's home from college, she's in the second pic) And she didn't like the way her boobs looked in the dress but I told her they looked FINE! LOL! Anyway.... they are off to dinner and then to the dance and then to an all night After Prom party and then breakfast. Whew. So here's some pics .....

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh my lord, your girls are beautiful. I saw pix of Courtney before but not Chloe. They are stunning Tracy. I mean just gorgeous. Wow. Girls in High School look different than when I went to High School. I still don't look that way. Ha. Ha. You should be so proud. I'll bet they are as nice as you!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robin - thanks for the comments! Yes, I'm a proud mama. They are good kids. So far. LOL! I always tell people to check with me in 5 years and I'll let ya know how they turned out. HA. You have beautiful LITTLE girls. I would just tell you to enjoy each and every minute with them because it goes by sooooo fast. I still can't believe that Chloe graduates in a month and then she'll be off to college. Thank God for Brody! I am sure I will have the empty nest feelings BAD but I'm hoping that he can take the edge off that a little since he's my baby. :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Mine are growing so fast. My 10 yr. old is already full of hormones, wearing bras, asking me about "womanly" things. If yours were going to act up, they would have done it by now. I really hope you and your hubby are proud. Too many people "slack" in the parenting dept. You obviously haven't. My hubby just said how beautiful they are also. Kiss Brody and we'll be here for you when she heads off to college. I hope she has the time of her life tonight!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to need you guys next fall when we drop off Chloe at KSU and come home to this big 'ol house, just the two of us! Coming full circle to the times when we were first married and didn't have any kids. They take up so much of your life that it's kind of scary to think about it just being us two again. Frightening in a way!! But fun times ahead to look forward to also. Change... it is a comin'. :) I'm so thankful for all you guys here! :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Don't you wonder what it'll be like? I wonder if you'll want another baby for Brody? I know you're very content with just him but that might change. It'll be a new phase for you, for sure. I'll be bawling my eyes out with you. I know I have time but it seems like yesterday I was giving birth. I want them here forever, under my roof, where I can protect them. I know, not reality.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She looks fine! why is she worried? lol

wow nice looking group!
Kiona, you have a teen sister, don't you?! Of course they are ding dongs and worry about everything, it's their nature!! HA! I told her she looked great and so did her dad, but for some reason she didn't like how the front of her dress looked and she had NO time to change it. Such is life!!! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't you wonder what it'll be like? I wonder if you'll want another baby for Brody? I know you're very content with just him but that might change. It'll be a new phase for you, for sure. I'll be bawling my eyes out with you. I know I have time but it seems like yesterday I was giving birth. I want them here forever, under my roof, where I can protect them. I know, not reality.
yes, I think about what it will be like to be just US again. In some ways, I'm sure it will be lonely but in other ways - it will be GREAT! :) I'm trying to focus on the "great" part. :)

Part of parenting is not just being a parent to kids, but molding them into productive adults. Adults that move away and live on their own. ha. And that means letting go and letting the leash out. And that is HARD. Believe me. But I have learned that the tighter you hold on, the more they buck to get away and giving them freedoms (as they earn it) makes them more reliable and trustworthy than trying to hover over them and control them. OH yeah, they stumble and make mistakes and they disappoint us, but in the end - hopefully - they have learned to make good decisions. Watching your kids make good decisions and use good judgement is one of the best parts of being a parent!

Gosh, I'm feeling sentimental tonight. :)

And yes, I've thought about how I will probably get baby fever again once Chloe is moved out and how nice it would be for Brody to have a sister. A sister named Bridget. Uh OH! Now that's pretty bad when you already have her name picked out, huh. HA HA. We will wait and see what the future brings. :)

Brodysmom

3,132 Posts
Wow, they are beautiful! I love the dresses, so colorful! I actually got engaged at the prom! 13 years (10 married years) later, we are still happily married and going strong! :D

I hope they have a blast!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, they are beautiful! I love the dresses, so colorful! I actually got engaged at the prom! 13 years (10 married years) later, we are still happily married and going strong! :D

I hope they have a blast!!!
That is awesome! That must have been quite a night for you. I married my high school sweetheart too. :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OMgoodness Tracy your daughters are stunning. I love her dress. My bridesmaids wore the same colour last spring at my wedding. I still love that colour!

I am not a mother yet but I am an auntie and I have already taken shotgun lessions to keep the lurking teenage boys away from them!! LOL!

Kids certainly sure do grow up fast nowadays!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awe, so cool, Your girls are really pretty and i love courtneys hair, is it natural? x
Yes, that's Courtney's natural hair. She is a curly head. I'm so glad she quit trying to straighten it and just let it be. :)

THANKS guys for all the comments! Chloe is home safe and sound after a really fun night and sleeping in her bed. So all is well with the world. :)

Brodysmom

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have two stunners there!! Such sweet beautiful faces..you are very lucky parents!
Glad she had a good time!! and made it home safe. Did you get any family pics??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts