Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out in the country at my moms for canadian thanksgiving yesterday and was about 945pm and i let Tonka outside for a pee, and he never came back.
he was outside for mabye 10,15min with the door proped open, then i went out to call him,
there was no answer, there was no moon light just pitch blackness...
and thats how we searched for him till 130am, with flashlights.
exhausted we came in and i had a fitfull sleep waking at every noise coming in the window including the howling of coyotes through the night( a common visitor to my moms acerage)and got out of bed at day break.
sun was up and it was a nice morning but the still air temp was only about 6 celcius. My heart was sinking lower and lower with the thought that my 6 1/2 lbs chihuahua would never survive those temps for that long, losing precious blood or not.
we retraced steps and searched everywere, phoned all the neighbours, nothing,no blood, no tuff of white hair, nothing.
bcause of the coyotes, we think one just snaped him up and ran.
the area is very rural, not much traffic on the road at this time, so we all but ruled out the idea of him being pickedup on the road.

this has been an exhausting day of searching, worry, dread and finally crying my eyes out.

A piece of My heart will be torn out forever. I dont know how else to describe this pain.
Vanished forever
my beloved little protector,

Tonka

·
Registered
602 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
OMG, what is up with this board this week...so many sick & so many lost. It's making me so sad. :( I'm so very sorry Tonka never came back. I just can't fathom how you must be feeling. When Maxie ran away the spring of last year I was sure we'd never see him again--especially if we hadn't seen him by sunset. THANK GOD we did find him. But that feeling still haunts me of not knowing if he was safe or not. UGH. I will pray that Tonka found a place to hide & will come back to find you....

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh no, how awful! There are no words really. I'm so sorry. :(

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so sorry.I feel so bad for you.I am praying for you and your family and Tonka If he is out there he will make it home or someone will find him.I think I would go ahead and put up lost dog signs in case the coyete drop miles away and he made to someones house.You may never find him but it is worth a try.The Lord is with you.You will aways have the videos and pics of him.HE will always live in your heart.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this. My sister's dog was lost for almost 4 weeks when she was found. My heart breaks for you.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh No I am sooooo sorry to hear this. I hope he returns. This has to be so hard (((((HUGS)))))

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for your kind words,
bcause of the near 0'c nights up here, suriving would be near impossible for a 6lb boy,
and if hes hurt...
thanks everyone for the warm words, they mean the world to me.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Oh Jenna I am so sorry... I Can image what you are going threw as i did the same with my dog he was a mutt mix about 10 years ago let him out and he disappeared I am so so very very sorry :( ((huggs))

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm so very sorry to hear about Tonka. My heart breaks for you. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling. Your story is almost a carbon copy of a story posted on the Westie forum I belong to. This lady let her Westie pup out and he never returned. Said he "didn't like" to be on a leash. They too live in a very rural area, lots of wild animals around. I think it was two days later he showed up at the house, wet, dirt, and very hungry. So don't give up just yet. I agree with what was posted about putting up lost dog flyers. Hopefully he's alive somewhere and waiting for his mommy to come and get him.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
This really has been a dreadful week across the forum :( Im so sorry, I imagine the not knowing what happened makes it all the worse. I can understand why you must feel so hopeless about getting him back, but just to give you a little hope...when I was about 11 and my parents were splitting up my mom and I went to live with her friend. She lived in a very rural area, Glen Isle, Ont, and we had been there only a month or two when our 10 yr old cat vanished. He had been an indoor outdoor cat all his life, but he didnt know the area at all and this was in January, not to mention whatever plentiful wildlife was around. We put up signs, searched, notified the humane society, etc, but there was no trace of him. About 4 months later I was in the kitchen with my mom and his little face appeared at the back door. He was very very skinny and filthy and had clearly been roughing it the whole time. I cant imagine how he made it but he did and luckily found his way back to us. It seems so unlikely, but it can happen.
Im so sorry for your loss, I wish you the same luck we had.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
oh no :( i hope tonka comes back. all you can do is wait now and pray that he's somewhere safe and sound waiting for you to showup.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I am so sorry! I will be praying for Tonka and keeping positive thoughts for his safe return. Once again I am so very truly sorry. Hugs to you. God Bless.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My heart breaks for you. Last year, my shih-poo was hit by a car and Bruiser was with her. I thought he was gone as well and searched for hours. Finally, losing all hope, I went to the humane society and filed a lost dog report. Someone HAD found him and called and reported it. The system worked and we got a very scared but ok Bruiser. I hope you can have a happy ending. I'm so sorry.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts