Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hey All,
Long time, no talk to. I fell off the radar screen for a while there, sorry. I have a question about Nina's teeth. She is 9 months old now and is doing wonderfully. She has, however, both her permanent and her primary upper canines. The primary canines show no signs of being ready to come out and the permanent ones are fully grown in. Her molars are not fully grown in yet though most of them have at least erupted the gums. I called the vet and a tech there told me if they don't come out on their own in about a month, I should have them surgically removed. She is having no problems with them, but the tech said it can lead to a whole host of problems down the road. She also said this is not uncommon in small breeds. So, any of you have this problem? How common is it? It's my first experience with this one. Just wondering.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yup, I had to have 2 teeth removed of Bosco's. They can cause problems later on in life so definitely get them removed. It did not cost much at all although they do have to put the dog under while they do the work.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
hmm Lady just lost a tooth in the back at a year is that normal? i thought it was a baby tooth i noticed she had bad breath from a pup. since her tooth came out i dont smell it. the tooth looked fine no decay. and there was another next to it that came out. I havent checked her mouth any more because she is kinda pissy now that she is preggers. i know Sturgis still has baby teeth or did when he went to the vet 2 months ago. Thank you for bringing this up. Now I want her teeth rechecked to see if it was just the rest of her baby teeth coming out.The vet can check and see if they are growing back. Im not going to get her angry with me lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Beamer had 3 baby teeth extracted during his neuter and Fritzy had to have 6 extracted. So far little Kosmo has lost the majority of his babies but I'm sure he'll probably have to have some removed also. If they are left in, they can cause a bad under/over bite, get impacted and infected etc, etc. Not something you want to deal with in the long run.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just had Maggie spayed a few weeks ago and she had 4 teeth pulled....It worked out great having them pulled when she was getting spayed....It was only $15 for the Vet to pull the 4 teeth and $50 to have her spayed :wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:wave: Thanks, guys, for the feedback. I'm glad to know it's not such an odd-out condition afterall. My vet says we should have Nina's extra teeth taken out, so we will be doing that next month. I appreciate all the help! {{{ Chi Hugs }}} :toothy7:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.