Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hey All,
Long time, no talk to. I fell off the radar screen for a while there, sorry. I have a question about Nina's teeth. She is 9 months old now and is doing wonderfully. She has, however, both her permanent and her primary upper canines. The primary canines show no signs of being ready to come out and the permanent ones are fully grown in. Her molars are not fully grown in yet though most of them have at least erupted the gums. I called the vet and a tech there told me if they don't come out on their own in about a month, I should have them surgically removed. She is having no problems with them, but the tech said it can lead to a whole host of problems down the road. She also said this is not uncommon in small breeds. So, any of you have this problem? How common is it? It's my first experience with this one. Just wondering.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:wave: Thanks, guys, for the feedback. I'm glad to know it's not such an odd-out condition afterall. My vet says we should have Nina's extra teeth taken out, so we will be doing that next month. I appreciate all the help! {{{ Chi Hugs }}} :toothy7:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts