Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my chis home for almost 2 weeks now. They used to sleep 4 times a day and all through the night they are just 11 weeks so its understandable but since some days I have notice that they are sleeping longer than usual. It is getting cold in Vienna could it be that?

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really can't be of much help- but my Chi sleeps A LOT as well. When she is up, she's hyper and playing and loves her walks- but she always has slept a good bit. She is almost 5.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
At 11 weeks, puppies will usually sleep more than they are awake. It is normal. Especially if they have been playing really hard or been active, they will sleep more.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My chi sleeps alot and she is 5 months. However now, if shes awake and we are doing something "interesting" she can stay awake for hours...If we are boring her she plays by herself or sleeps. When she was a little younger she slept alot even when the "interesting" things were going on.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies, I know they should and do sleep a lot since they are so young I was just worried because the time length has increase.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It could be the weather and also the fact that it gets dark faster now and they feel the need to get cozy more.

I guess lots of sleep usually doesnt mean anything bad unless they are lathargic when awake or have a lack of appetite..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts