Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this and it was on the tip of my tongue to write something to the person, but I was a bit confused... Maybe she's not saying what I think she's saying...
Maybe some of you could check it out:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pets-animals/Dogs/Dogs/auction-26283545.htm
I'm pretty sure 8 months is WAY to young to be thinking about breeding from 'soon'! They're still puppies at that age! Ruby is 10 months and even though she's spayed, if she wasn't I would never even consider breeding her for a year and a half at least! She's still such a baby herself. If these people are saying what i think they are SHAME ON THEM!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Omg that is just awful with dogs this small it is best to wait until 2 years of age :cry: poor girl - we should definately contact them but it probably wont stop them :shock:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I bred chihuahuas for 7 years and I would never EVER suggest or do myself breed a female under 1 1/2 years or 2 years old.

To my there always babies :) but up to 1 year old that is just unthinkable to breed a chihuahua I know in some breeds its best to breed at 1 year and some breeds its best to not breed till 2 years.

It just seems to me this woman is uneducated in breeding and needs to learn alot more before she jumps into it.

I don't think it would hurt at all to e-mail this person and try to educate them a little in a proper manner. Before its to late for her little girl...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts