Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading my papers properly i have just fount ou my chi is only 6 weeks on 21s december.....which in theory i think his well too young to leave his mum????

so i just wonder what sort of meal pattern he should b in and shud i be given him milk?

also wil he be to young to toilet train

sorry for all questions want whats best or my pup :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
He's 6 weeks too young they're not meant to leave until 12 weeks. Take him to your vet for a thorough check up get him wormed as I doubt he has been and ask them what you should do, he should in theory be fully weaned so i would giver him a high quality food and moisten it!!

Has he got all his teeth in?? Your vet can yell his age by looking at his teeth.

Not it's not too young to start toilet training set him up in a pen bed one end papers another naturally he won't want to go in his bed so should go he will prob need to go every half an hour.

I would defiantly get him thoroughly checked though 'breeders' (read: scum) who let them go this early are likely to have poorly bred them and not raised them adequately

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
For toilet training, id start with either paper or puppy pads - It may be that he's old enough and that he has fake/wrongly dated papers, but either way I wouldnt recommend taking him back to the breeder - If they're willing to let a pup less than 6 weeks away from its mother, he is better off away from there.

Get him to a vet as soon as possible - the vet can give him wormer, and give you a good idea on his actual age. Lets just hope its fake papers! But there are a lot of people who let puppies go way too early so they look like smaller chi's :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Poor little thing. I agree, go to your vet to get it all checked out and get advice on caring for such a small baby. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all help...he seem to have all his teeth he is very nibbly

we have tryed with paper today and he doing really well got a vet appoitment monday which is good

why do people do such a thing....even wondering if hes a chi now

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I wouldn't even want to go near that breeder again nor have my baby go back there. Take him to the vet asap and they will let you know what is best. Bless the little baby.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Yes that is far too young to leave the mother. A LOT of problems happen when a puppy leaves its mother too young--they do not learn proper bite inhibition and often its very difficult to train them out of nipping/biting at hands and fingers. They do not know how to relate properly to other dogs, and their systems still need their mothers to develop properly mentally in general.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I would suggest pee pads with urine scent over newspaper. Newspaper can confuse them.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
I would report that breeder if I were you. So she wont do this to other people.

Let as know how the vet visit went.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts