Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this little guy is cheecho.. He was in a puppy mill and he was hit alot. They said he was in a small cage with no windows. So I took it apon myself to take him in.. they think he is four. we made him a b day today since he doesnt have one. we celebrate doggy b days in my family.
He needs his teeth fixed some of them are rotting.. They had no medical papers on him, and he is super fat... They never bathed him or trimmed his nails.

My mimi at eight months she the tan long fured chi. she is a bit jealous.. And she gets a bit mean to him sometimes... he is twice her size and he lets her get away with it.. He has a bad case of flees so he gets a trip to the vet for comfort pills and shots..he is going to get fixed still too. so he keeps trying to hump my hubby.

He is super lovey.
He eats hard dog food so now my mimi decided she wanted to eat hard food too.. this makes it so much easier on me..

But here is their pics together... he is black and white View attachment 5712

View attachment 5713

·
Registered
774 Posts
thank you for rescuing him. welcome to the forum. hope to see more pics soon.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Aw-- what a great post. It feels good to read of a dog being given a home..

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for being a saint !

I took in Joie at the age of 3, and had a similar story.

Time and Patience are the most important thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awww!!! He's so cute. I hope it gets better between him and your other chi, so that he can have a happy, normal life.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
We rescued a little fella that we think was abused and now he's a spoiled wonderful little fella. There will be frustrations, but the rewards far outweigh the problems. Briscoe didn't bark for about 6 mos. after we got him. We were afraid maybe he couldn't. Now we can't quiet him! :) I remember the first time he raised his tail instead of dragging it behind him... it goes on and on. This will be the most rewarding thing you've ever done~ Enjoy! :) And thank you for taking this little one in.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
There are so many rewards waiting for you.. thank you for giving this precious little guy a loving home. Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Cheecho got his fist harness.. they had a spike color on him and I think wakling him with thats just asking for a neck injury...Its a comfort harness blue with glow in the dark bones on it.. He also got his first name tag.. a blue bone...

He got a bath and the tub was Just pure black.. He was also infested with flees so I gave him a comfort pill.. I think he is liking life a bit better now..

They were totally over feeding him this really bad rated dog food purina small bites.. so I got him new food.. and he is also now on a half cup diet on it...

Mimi and cheecho are like pees and carrots now... and today for the first time he wanted to play with a toy..

At night he crawls completely under the blankets with me... its so cute.. Hes a snuggler.. can't believe people can be that horrible to such a cool dog..

He walks great.. the only thing we need to work on is his raising his leg and peeing on stuff in the house... but I hope that gets better when we get him fixed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we also clipped his toe nails on two of his four paws. He doesnt like his feet touched.. his toe nails were curled under.. so we are taking baby steps

But heres a shocker he likes baths alot.. he didn't want to leave the tub...

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Such sweet news. I'm so happy for him.

A vet or a groomer can give you some advice on trimming nails with reluctant dogs, but at this point in time its better to take baby steps.

His peeing habits should change ( with some helpful guidance) as he gets used
the idea of his wonderful new home and life.

Wonderful to read about his progress :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw he's so adorable! Thanks for rescuing him and sharing your story with us. Rescues are so rewarding, he'll make a lovely addition to your family and I'm sure he and Mimi will be good buddies soon. Welcome to the board too. :)

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
You are a wonderful person for taking him in and giving him all the love and care that he so deserves. I'll be looking forward to more updates and pics. He and your little girl are very cute.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
For now, til he's better about peeing in the house, why not get him a belly band or two? Line them with a female sanitary napkin and that way when he lifts his leg and pees it doesn't go on your stuff or floor. You can get them off of ebay, you'll just need to measure his waist and type in "belly band" in the search. I have an intact male and he is pretty bad about lifting his leg but finally is learning "we don't do that in the house". SO hopefully you iwll get there w/ your new boy too.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
For now, til he's better about peeing in the house, why not get him a belly band or two? Line them with a female sanitary napkin and that way when he lifts his leg and pees it doesn't go on your stuff or floor. You can get them off of ebay, you'll just need to measure his waist and type in "belly band" in the search. I have an intact male and he is pretty bad about lifting his leg but finally is learning "we don't do that in the house". SO hopefully you iwll get there w/ your new boy too.
I have to agree with this. We just did get some for our one boy and it's been like a miracle. We got what's called a sling belly band and have had NO trouble with his wanting to take it off as we have with some other types. We got it from Kennel Komfort.

Kennel Komforts: Belly Bands

1 - 20 of 20 Posts