Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Niko to the vet a couple days ago and it turns out he does have cherry eye, but the procedure is very simple. They gave me some eye drops to put in his eye twice a day until surgery to help calm the redness and swelling. My vet said I can have Niko neutered on the same day I do his eye surgery. Has anybody else had their babies neutered at 4 1/2 months..almost 5?? People seem to have mixed opinions about early neutering..just wanted to hear your thoughts!! Thanks!!
OH! I am going to post pics of Niko on the picture forum..he has gotten sooooo big!!! :happy7:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what I was thinking...save him the trauma of two surgeries. I still feel awful, I am sure having surgery to the eye, no matter how minor, will not feel that great. Also, I was talking to a girl at work and she said that chihuahuas in particular gain weight after being fixed, has anybody else noticed this problem?? Oh, and she also mentinoed that right after they come home, that her puppies were snippy with her almost like they were mad at her...I hope that doesn't happen!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.