Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have looked at doggie strollers/joggers forever. With a beach trip coming up to a beach that is pet friendly I finally decided to get one. This is a model that can be used off road and can be used for running with your pet....exactly what I wanted. This will not take the place of my fur kids getting their exercise walking but will allow them to enjoy the beach and running with me occasionally. I used this today in the very crowded conditions of the Running with a Chihuahuas races. They loved it! This is the Pet Gear No Zip special edition model. I love the way the top canopy comes down and clips into place with no zippers. Very easy. The picture shows the canopy up.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really wanted it in teal but I got it on Amazon and the teal was $70 more expensive. Sorry Prince!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I've thought of getting one like this for a while now. I would give Nova a little more freedom I think, if she could go on walks with us for farther, but I can keep people from touching her and she would be in a safe place. Also like you said it would be great for vacations in crowded places. Your pack looks really cute in it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think they're great! I know someone with a Cavalier with a heart condition who can't walk much, but now she's got the dog stroller she can take him out for walks with her other dogs and he doesn't have to be left at home.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I think it will come in very handy when traveling. Yesterday at the Running with the Chihuahuas race it was perfect with so many dogs and tons of people. It kept them from getting stepped on. After the races we ate at an outside restrauant and they just sat in the stroller, eventually falling asleep! We also ended up parking in a City Parking garage.......and couldn't find our car! We ended up walking around forever trying to find our car. It was nice to just wheel them around! I'm a runner and I can't wait to try a short run with it!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've thought of getting one like this for a while now. I would give Nova a little more freedom I think, if she could go on walks with us for farther, but I can keep people from touching her and she would be in a safe place. Also like you said it would be great for vacations in crowded places. Your pack looks really cute in it!
I know you do a lot of outdoor adventures so look for an all terrain model. The only "slight" problem is the all terrain ones seem to weigh more but they are very sturdy. I don't think this is a problem at all for strolling but if you were hiking uphill or running with them, the weight might be noticeable if you were on a long hike/run. Then again, extra activity for the pusher!

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I am seriously considering a stroller as well. Like Annie said, it could really help with reactive/fearful dogs. I get so sick of telling people not to touch Delilah when we are out. Just yesterday a woman was trying to stroke her, even when we had asked her not to and told her she would bite. The stupid woman's response was 'a bite from her wouldn't hurt'. Grrr, people!
Also I could use it as a base when walking all 5 on my own, which is something i try and avoid atm. Five leads get too tangled and I can't keep an eye on all five when off lead together, so they get walked in shifts unless my daughter is with me.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels! The doggies look happy in it! I have a pet gear jogging stroller too, it's the special edition in sage but I think it does have a zipper?? It's really smooth and well made. I haven't used mine in a couple years, I actually don't even know where it's at! Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the new wheels! The doggies look happy in it! I have a pet gear jogging stroller too, it's the special edition in sage but I think it does have a zipper?? It's really smooth and well made. I haven't used mine in a couple years, I actually don't even know where it's at! Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Totally agree with the quality of this stroller. It is so sturdy and smooth. This is definately noticeable when running with it because you really push and steer with one hand leaving the other arm free to swing in a running motion. It was very easy to control with one hand. Yeah!!! I can't wait to get this out on the beach in Florida. Hubby didn't want to touch it in public though ;) I guess three Chis with clothes in a pink stroller is just too much for him!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts