Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://topsyturvys.com/

I have seen these on tv and have sat through many of the infomercials (I'm an insomniac, what can I say) and I've been wanting to try one, so tonight I seen them at WalMart and bought one.

I am excited to try it out, not for tomatoes at the moment, but for green peppers. YUM! I also seen while searching around the internet, they have a STRAWBERRY one too! OMG & YAY!!! As soon as I find one of them bad boys, its MINE! lol

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone else has any of these? What do you think of them? If this one works, I will be buying many more and growing my own tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries and whatever else I can get to grow! Which reminds me..... I supposed I should convince the man to build me a deck to hang them on this summer. hehehe

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I'm also an insomniac. It's 12:44 and I'm typing and watching Tru TV. How pathetic. I absolutely loved my hanging down plants last summer. I didn't actually have the topsy turvy brand but my local nursery sells them that way also. I got grape tomatos and peppers and something else. Can't remember. It did real well. I'm not a green thumb by any means but my girls would go out and pick little tomatoes every day. I had mine hanging on a lower tree branch. It did get pretty heavy by the end of the summer. Good luck. Let me know how you like them. I'll be getting them again this year. The rabbits always get my stuff on the ground.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
you dont have to buy those things to grow upside down plants. you can buy buckets at wal mart to do that. all ya need is the bucket and a drill and the kind of drill bits that make holes. (cant remember the name of them) if you google upside down tomatoes you can find tons of sites about it. the way you do the tomatoes you can also do other plants, there is no difference. however you have to make sure you dont use the kind of tomatoes that grow very large. the branches wont hold. so you dont do beefsteak type, or other large ones. also, you can do the ones that are hanging wire baskets with the coconut fibre inserts. you cut an X in the center of the husk and slip the seedling thru, upside down of course, and fill with dirt. you can plant onions or carrots in the top of it as they are wonderful companion plants to tomatoes. as for the other types of plants, like the peppers and strawberries you can check on companion plants for them, just google it. you water them all from the top and give miracle grow every couple weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts