Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just adopted a chihuahua from a shelter. He was found on the street and brought in. Considering all that he is very well behaved aside from a few marking incidents. He gets along well with our other much larger dog and I couldnt be happier. Some of his behavior is pretty interesting. Sometimes on a walk hell get fearful and dig is feet in because he doesnt want to continue. Yesterday I noticed this at night and then saw he was looking at a man that was staring at us from a balcony, so I guess now when he does this I'll pay a little more attention... I love this forum and it even helped me curb is marking problem. Thanks for the help! ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
So cute!! Welcome to the forum, you will just love it here! Warning though it can be addicting; I've been here 2 years and I'm still on at LEAST once a day lol.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thank you so very much for rescuing him. Our Colorado shelters have many, many Chihuahuas, and it's wonderful when a kind human saves a life.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to your family! He is so pretty. I like that color chihuahua. Welcome to the forum also. There's lots of nice people a lots of good info here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I havent been on here in a little while. Thank you for all your kind replies. I named my little one Chubby. He has gained weight and is now at about 8 to 8.4 pounds up from the 7.5 he was. Last week I had to fly home but he didnt really fit in the pet carrier so I had to leave him behind with my bf. My bf said that he acted fine the whole time but when I came back he started acting up again. He keeps destroying paper and tissues. I bought some bones so that he will chew on those instead. It did help but then he chewed up one piece of paper just for good measure. *sigh* Also we have a pooping in the house issue. I bought one of those fake grass mats and he goes there most of the time if he has to go but he has taken a liking to pooping near the closet/bathroom area. We have kept at it though by spraying that area with enzymatic cleaner to encourage him to poop on the mat instead if he has to go. Of course we would rather he go outside all the time but since hes still young and in training I bought the mat. We have decided to upgrade the food to Blue Wilderness Salmon from my bfs choice of IAMS. I was a little concerned that this might be a bit too much protein for him but after reading all the reviews on the sites that rate dog food it seems an to be a good choice for both dogs. All in all I couldnt be happier I adopted Chubby, he is mostly well behaved, and he just makes my life better and really helps calm me down since I have a lot of stress in my life. My favorite quirky behavior of his is when he eats a bone and then takes one of the pieces and plays with it he tosses it in the air and then chases after it which is just adorable. :) I managed to upload some pictures which should appear below this post.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That last photo is especially precious. I love your attitude towards Chubby. Many rescues, especially if they have natural energy, are going to push the envelope and act out--they still have insecurities and don't always know how to behave. I have also experienced really shy rescues who--after they figure out they are loved no matter what--become major little divas/divos. I am going through thta now with my latest, Carmi. From shy gal to major princess. It's pretty funny and heartwarming to see their personalities come out. Please keep us informed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts