Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Toy Poodles? I want to get a little girl in the next few years but i want to know what im getting myself into. I do know they require alot of grooming but i dont have a problem with that

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Bri said:
Anyone have any experience with Toy Poodles? I want to get a little girl in the next few years but i want to know what im getting myself into. I do know they require alot of grooming but i dont have a problem with that
We had a toy poodle when i was younger and also had a standard poodle who passed away a couple of years ago they were both really lovely , gentle dogs and very easy to train.

We had them groomed about every 6 weeks or so thats the only drawback but if you can clip then i guess you can do it yourself if you dont want to show thats what i would do if i got one.

I would like a toy one day :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I used to have a miniature poodle, Muttley. He passed away in 2004 :( i'd had him since i was 9 i was absolutely heartbroken. From what i know they are very affectionate dogs, Muttley was not good around kids or other dogs though. However he was an absolute angel with me & my mum, we loved him so much :cry: he used to go to the groomers every 8 weeks for a "skinhead" haircut, ie as short as could get without him being bald lol! it's a lot comfier for them & we never thought much of fancy haircuts. He had a hoodie for when it got cold & it was much better for him in summer with him being black & all. If Muttley was anything to go by then i would definitely recommend a poodle! Very intelligent too ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts