Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Paco is in LOVE with balls. He tries to carry around a nerf football which is bigger than his head, and much to his dissappointment I have taken it away and hidden it. His other favorite ball is a tennis ball, which also seems to be way too big for him. He will chase cat balls around too if I let him. Is there a good size of ball for him to enjoy, or should I just allow him to have fun with the ones around the house? I worry so that he is going to get hurt!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You could get those super tiny tennis balls, unless you've already tried that size. I can't imagine that being too big to play with though? My girl Roxy loves those things. PETCO Mini Tennis Ball Dog Toys at PETCO

You can also try those stuffed animal toys that have a tennis ball attached to them, like those lanky monkey toys.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thank you! I didn't even know they MADE mini tennis balls. I will have to look at Petsmart this week.. (like I really mind shopping for stuff in there! hehe!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definately going to have to check into the mini tennis balls then! He simply loves to chase things. We have oodles of tuggy toys, and stuffed things, but those tennis balls are really his niche.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
We have the mini tennis balls by Kong for Reese. He loves anything that squeaks and likes to play fetch with them. They really do need the very smallest size they make, we got the next size up for our lab when he was a very small puppy and Reese cant pick them up. I got mine from Petco but I think Petsmart carries them as well, if not then something similar.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kongs are great, we have the Kong Football, and 4 seperate Kongs.. but even the puppy Kong seems to be way too big! Definately sounds like petsmart is going to get a visit from us :) I need to find him a sweater or something to wear come the winter weather too.. and maybe booties for walks? not sure on that one.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ah ha! Another ball lover! YAY!!! Brody likes the little tiny cat balls. We found some rubber squeaky ones in the shape of little round mice that he loves. Most of the balls we have found are too big for his mouth. You can get practice golf balls, they are like tiny wiffle balls. They have holes in them so they are easy to hold onto. Just watch and supervise and if he tears them up, throw them out and get a new one. Brody loves to play with them, but he will try and snack on them too. ;)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey loveas balls as well esp if they squeek she also loves Skineez as well.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maisies favorite ball is almost the same size as her head - Its a Kong ball that you're meant to put treats in but she just uses the holes to get her teeth into to carry it about! She also has a normal sized tennis ball she goes mad over. Pippi's only ever been interested in one ball, and thats her treat ball.

We have loads of coats, jumpers etc (although Maisies coats still too big - Looks like i'll be making her one, as even the smallest Ancol one doesnt fit her!) - Dont use shoes or booties at all. Pippi wont tollorate them, Maisie would, but I dont see the need to get her any - If its cold enough for that, we stay in!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Ziva our min pin puppy, LOVES balls, we got a bunch at All A Dollar (they are cat balls) and she loves. We got some mini tennis balls at Walmart (much cheaper than Petstores), and she loves those too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I will skip on the booties then. Target has the cutest stuff for small dogs, I am excited to get over there and do some browsing too :) we have a small beaver skinnez that all the dogs love to 'kill' So long as the sillypants isn't going to hurt himself with the tennis ball I won't worry about hiding it from him, same with the cat toys.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lavender loves a little soft, pink cat ball that she chases all over and juggles. I also have some little tennis balls that she loves. She tosses stuffed toys around and romps all over playing. She has a lot of energy!

Jeanette

1 - 14 of 14 Posts