Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophie loves her toys. She's got so many that they are stashed in closets and drawers. :roll:

OK, where's the rest of my toys ?? !!

Didya put 'em out there ?

Found one !

And another

Now hand over the rest of 'em !!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Those pics are great! She looks like she is smiling in the last one:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone it's reassuring that Sophie isn't all that weird ! :D
She likes to have them all over the place and if they are in the little dogbed in the photo she will often upend it to make sure that they spill all out. :shock:
Rachel, I've heard that a lot of pups who are rescues especially from puppy mills don't care that much for toys. Lily is great because she gets along so well with other dogs. Sophie just does not seem to connect with any other dogs. :( I guess each of them has their own strengths and personality. God bless 'em :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Beautiful Sophie..always makes me feel good to see her ...I love the last pic where she is smiling...

Rachael...Bella doesn't play with any toys either...I wonder if it is because these two girls came into our homes as older dogs ? Bella was certainly not mistreated in anyway by her breeder, but she may not have been exposed to play toys either.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
nabi said:
Beautiful Sophie..always makes me feel good to see her ...I love the last pic where she is smiling...

Rachael...Bella doesn't play with any toys either...I wonder if it is because these two girls came into our homes as older dogs ? Bella was certainly not mistreated in anyway by her breeder, but she may not have been exposed to play toys either.
I've read that there are certain ages at which certain activities are learned. Like, at 6 weeks they learn to play with toys or at 3 weeks they learn to play with other dogs, etc. (I'm just using those ages for the sake of making the point). If those critical times pass without the dog being exposed to those things, it may be too late for them to recover later on.

I'm sure Lily never had toys to play with so she doesn't have a clue what they're about. If Bella's not into toys and you know she wasn't mistreated, I think it's because she just wasn't exposed to them at that critical age.

I always feel bad that Lily doesn't play with toys but she has such a playful personality, that more than makes up for it. My little girl has lots of joy in her and that brightens my life considerably. I know you feel the same toward Bella. :)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Sophie's Mom said:
Thanks everyone it's reassuring that Sophie isn't all that weird ! :D
She likes to have them all over the place and if they are in the little dogbed in the photo she will often upend it to make sure that they spill all out. :shock:
Rachel, I've heard that a lot of pups who are rescues especially from puppy mills don't care that much for toys. Lily is great because she gets along so well with other dogs. Sophie just does not seem to connect with any other dogs. :( I guess each of them has their own strengths and personality. God bless 'em :)
You are so right. God bless every hair on their sweet little heads. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts