Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so were picking up our little boy sometime next week hopefully.
So in the meantime weve been buying lots of things for him and setting up his own room too, but we wondered what kind of toys/teddies do chis really love?
My partner said not to get noisey toys, which im happy with that anyway.
We are from the uk, so preferably good toys/teddies from here please if you can help :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i think all chis are diff. in their preference to what toys they love. kc loves balls and mini plushy squeeky toys and her fox! :] u need to atleast get a squeaker toy because thats what stimulates chis to play! its more fun for them :]

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Mine mostly love their cuddly toys. They love squeaky toys. I got most of mine from amazon or pets at home. Their kong squeaky balls were great (because they're the only ones I've seen small enough) and their kong that you put treats in. Great mental stimulation and kept Mylo busy for ages. Mostly they love to play tug of war and fetch...we do this with their soft toys. They're not big chewers so I got a bunch of toys from ikea for £1 or less and my sister crocheted them toys which they love the texture of.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i know theyll all be different, i think well just get a variety to start with see what he likes more then as they get ruined buy similar ones :) so there ok with squeaky toys? wonder where my partner got that from then, thank you

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Mine also love squeaky toys! I try to buy ones they are (I think?) chew guard technology so they don't fall apart. Baby lamb chop is a huge hit by us only she never lives long bc they all fight over her!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ill definatley get some squeaky toys then haha do they bless, im sure one of our cats will try to run off with some of the toys

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I never realized my chi liked any toys in particular until I saw her going into my twin girls room picking out certain stuffed animals. She doesn't like balls. She loves one stuffed animal that has squeekies in it & a stuffed bear & huge stuffed horses & a moving, barking puppy dog. Those are her favorite & really only toys she plays with if I play with her. She plays with this black plastic Halloween rat that she Hates. When I squeek it, it blows air on her & she tries to attack it & barks at it. They definitely are all different & have their favorites!! Lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Moose loves squeaky toys. He also likes skinneeez because he likes to whip them around while he has them in his mouth or play tug of war. Rope toys are good for tug of war too - he likes both the small and large with knotted ends. The skinneeez have squeakers in them too (head and tail). I don't find the skinneez too annoying. But some of the very cheap squeakers ARE annoying....he loves to run all over the house making noise.

Edit: the cheap ones get torn up fast so we MUST supervise him closely or he would eat pieces if given the chance.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
KC loves cat toys too. Esp a croakin frog toy toy they sell here in the u.s oh I forgot to mention on rare,cases like some of the members here their pups dont like toys at all lol. Have u asked the breeder if they play with toys yet? It takes a bit for some to get the gist of what toys actually are. Oh and! U might want to grab a chew toy or 2 so the teeth can get massaged and u wouldn't want chewed up furniture. The teething stage is a tricky one

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
mine love fabric squeaky toys (they hate plastic ones because they smell) and you can get them in some really cute shapes (obviously they don't care much what it looks like, but I do LOL)
They also love loofa toys and nylabones

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
My pups love the Skinneez too and they last the longest. Kong makes some tiny plush toys, one is a teddy bear and one is a duck. Taz loves those. Baby lamb chop doesn't last long here either. For tiny pups I like to braid strips of fleece and tie a knot in each end.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah...squeaky toys are a must around my house. They also like to play tug-of-war with braided ropes. However, one of my Chis likes to play fetch with balls, while the other Chi could care less. To each their own, right?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you everyone, im going to have a look at what these skinneez are :) what age roughly do they start teething? were picking him up at 8 weeks

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jaxx goes through stages where he loves his toys and then stages where he loves his chews, deer antlers and bully sticks mostly. The toys he loves most is the skinneez toy he got from his SS last year, a KONG Cozies, it is huge compared to him but he loves that thing, and his Hol-lee roller and crackle balls from JW Pets. He also loves toys that we make him from his daddy's socks that have holes in them or shirts that are old and we make ropes with. Some of them we braid and others we tie lots of knots in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ive got a feeling we will be buying all sorts to see what he likes :laughing6: have to have a look at the weekend for him no doubt :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts