Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chihuahua is the laziest little girl I have ever come across. She has zero interest in toys, and no interest in playing/running around. All she wants to do is curl up and sleep. She will "play" with one of my ferrets (really all she does is stand in the middle of the living room with her tail wagging while he bounces around her), but I'd like to find SOMETHING to keep her entertained while I'm at work.
I've tried stuffed animals, squeaky toys, a "buddy bone" dental chew toy thing, a kong, rope toys...NOTHING works. She played with the Kong for 5 minutes the first time she saw it, and I had hope, but she hasn't looked at it since. She also doesn't like peanut butter, so luring her with that won't work.

Anyone else have a chi like her? I need help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Maisy is exactly the same way! I used to worry a lot about her, but I've come to the realization that she's much happier just laying around. She will play with her brother (he's a cat) every once in a while. She's also rounded up all the cats toys the cats got for christmas, and they all sit in or around her bed. So, maybe try cat toys? It seems crazy but they are small and she loves just carrying them around. Plus, I think she really likes the catnip. She tries to destroy the ones that have it in them.

I've also caught Maisy playing (throwing her bone across the room and chasing after it repeatedly) when she thinks no one is watching. So, I have a feeling she might be more active than I give her credit for.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will try giving her some of her brothers' (the ferrets) toys as most of their toys are really cat toys. The only toys she'll look at are ones that crinkle...I think she thinks she's a cat. If you call her a dog, she looks at you like she's all insulted. Haha!

She was caught yesterday leaping around the living room playing with a piece of dog food. I chose to pretend I didn't see it. :coolwink:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You know Johanna, I would just make sure to take her for a good long walk before leaving
the house, so she's nice and tired and just rests while you're gone. Toys are great when
you have someone to play with you, but when you play by yourself they are not fun for
long, lol. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know Johanna, I would just make sure to take her for a good long walk before leaving
the house, so she's nice and tired and just rests while you're gone. Toys are great when
you have someone to play with you, but when you play by yourself they are not fun for
long, lol. :)
I'd take her for a walk, except she's never been on a leash...Yesterday was the first day I got her to wear her harness without freaking out. The leash terrifies her, and she locks her legs and won't move! Hahaha We've just started adult doggy training class, so hopefully we can fix this! :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh I love your siggy! She's so pretty, my goodness!
Where is she from? A breeder, a rescue...?
How old is she?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I love your siggy! She's so pretty, my goodness!
Where is she from? A breeder, a rescue...?
How old is she?
I had searched and searched for a chihuahua to rescue, but I kept "just missing them" with my adoption applications. I knew my perfect girl was out there somewhere. On a whim, I emailed a breeder to see how much her litters were, and she told me the price (which made my eyes bleed) and then said she had an adult long-haired female she needed a good home for. I went to meet the little girl and absolutely fell in love. The breeder had gotten her from another breeder as a puppy, hoping to use her in her own breeding program. As she is just over 3lb, she is too small to breed. Her birthday is January 22, and she will be 2 years old. The breeder decided that even though Lacey was one of her all-time favorite dogs, she deserved a family of her own. There was apparently another woman interested in buying her, but she chose to let her come home with me because Lacey loved my belly rubs. Hehehe
I can't believe I ever DIDN'T have this girl in my life. In the short few weeks I've had her, she's rarely left my side and she has certainly stolen my heart.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

I'm so happy for you! she's truly beautiful! Looks super sweet too! :)

Johanna!!! Why are you being quiet???!!!

It's your birthday today isn't it???!!!

:eek:ccasion4:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :eek:ccasion4:

:eek:ccasion7: Hope you have a wonderful day!

May all of your wishes come true! :eek:ccasion6:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm so happy for you! she's truly beautiful! Looks super sweet too! :)

Johanna!!! Why are you being quiet???!!!

It's your birthday today isn't it???!!!

:eek:ccasion4:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :eek:ccasion4:

:eek:ccasion7: Hope you have a wonderful day!

May all of your wishes come true! :eek:ccasion6:
HAHAHA I've been quiet because my internet decided to die! THANK YOU, THOUGH! I've had a great day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts