Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to be able to trace Louie's breeder. I'd just love to see where he was bred from and what his parents look like etc.

I've been told he is KC reg with the name 'Strike It Rich' but I don't know the kennel name :(
His papers are at the girls dads so probably won't ever get them. Not that it matters I just would have liked to see where he came from.

Oh and I know he originally came from Manchester.

Is there anyway of tracing his breeder?

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Do his pressent owners not know the breeders name or were they not his original owners? I'd personally ask for the papers so you can transfer ownership to yourself then you could even get you hands on his pedigree which will make it easier to look up his relatives. Hopefully you're able to do some research....its always so much fun to see where you Chi started from. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Not all breeders use a kennel name because it costs and their is an annual fee. If he is kc reg they should give you the papers as according to the kc he still belongs to them you get a certificate of ownership from the kc when you change the ownership over!

If you got a contract of sale then that'd okay if not I'd want one as you never know!!

I was wondering if the kc could re issue registration if the breeder plays it I've seen this stunning smooth but she's being sold without papers by her owner but I know who the breeder was I wondered if the breeder can overide a owners decision not to pass papers on as if their pedigree isn't endorsed I can't see why they wouldn't!!

You may also find his previous owner had a clause not to re home him in his contract (return to breeder clause) and they didn't so won't give papers

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are picking him up tomorrow so I will ask about his papers then. Maybe the girl can get her dad to post them to her or get me a photo copy or something. He apparently has a 5 gen pedigree and papers.

I've been on the kennel club website but can't find anything on there that will help.

Like I said i'm not fussed about his papers I just want to trace his parents etc. I'm not sure if the woman will write up a contract or not. I'm just worried that as he is 'free' the woman will still feel like they 'own' him kind of thing.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Get a contract minimum other legally you have no right to him you don't know this woman or what she's capable off it sounds dramatic but nothing is free there's always something get a contract and get the form from them if you can make sure they sign it, you can do change of ownership online!!

But yeah at least get a contract maybe draw one up yourself just in case

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I agree...you need something to state he belongs to you. I don't say this to scare you or anything but to me, they already sound like they're having a hard time letting him go. I'd hate if they ever decided they wanted him back kwim? I'd give her a call/email today to let her know you're going to want his papers/pedigree so she can have them for you tomorrow. I don't think she'd really have a reason not to give them to you. :confused: If she is "supposed" to give him back to the breeder she could simply ask you not to change names or something. But at least if you had the papers & a sales reciept it would prove he is yours.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm sorry but is it just me..........I understand entirely that you would like to know this dogs family history BUT you are getting him for free......If he was one of mine you were getting for free I wouldn't give you his registered papers either only a receipt. And that would state that if it didn't work out for any reason or at any time he would come back to me and not be passed on EVER x But I would be happy for you to know his family history.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Try Googling the names. That's how I've found information on my dogs, how I found out Zoey's bloodlines had a history of CDA etc. I google the breeders name, the parents names etc etc.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't have his papers to hand they are at another property.
I will have his vet details transferred and his microchip details in my name when I get it transferred.

I really don't care wether I get his papers or not it just would have been nice if I could see his history sort of thing

All I know his his Kc name I don't know where he was from or his parents names etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts