Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have now had our Chi for 2 weeks and he is adjusting really well. My wife and I constantly walk him many many many times a day. We own our own ebroidery business specializing in custom embroidery for dogs so he comes to work with us everyday. Although he does his business outside most of the time, he occasionally goes poo and pees inside. How can we train him to let us know when he has to go? Thanks for all your help.

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If you're taking the pup out often and he's catching on to the whole idea of going outside, he will probably start telling you the more comfortable he feels. Be sure to throw a party when he goes outside but when he goes inside, don't let him see you react at all. I always made sure mine saw me cleaning up any "accident" and that he was aware of the fact I wasn't smiling and clapping.

Also, you probably say something like "hey, do you need to go potty outside?" when you take him. That helps a lot; use the word "potty" or whatever word you're going to call it outside and when you're heading out there to do business.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie is a go outside only dog too. It's so weird he will never tell me he has to go out but he will never go inside. Of course he is not a puppy so he can hold it longer. I try to take him out about every 4 hrs except at nite of course :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts