Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if training a puppy to go on pee pads, do i keep the pee pads in the same spot? for example, if i start out putting the pee pads in the bathroom, should i always put them in the bathroom? or can i also put the pads in the bedroom or family room? i hope this question is clear. thanks

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
If you are going to keep using the pee pads then basically decide where you want them to stay and leave them there. If you are going to use them to teach your baby to go outside you can gradually keep moving them closer to the door. Since Marcus goes on pee pads all the time his haven't been moved since we got him.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
If you are going to keep using the pee pads then basically decide where you want them to stay and leave them there. If you are going to use them to teach your baby to go outside you can gradually keep moving them closer to the door. Since Marcus goes on pee pads all the time his haven't been moved since we got him.
totally agree I started with some in the lounge and then as they got older moved them too the back door which was the door I wanted them to go out to use the bathroom :wave:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me explain my situation. i have a large backyard. in my neighborhood there are lots of roaming cats with collars. i don't have a fence/gate that would prevent these cats from "pooing" in my yard. so i'm terrified to let my baby go outside even after she is finished with all her shots. a few weeks ago, i was considering the litter box thing but now i'm not so sure. so i'm thinking i could use the pads forever. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I have only one pad down, but Jasmine is also trained to go outside during the day. She only uses the pad when I am gone or at night. I have been putting it in the same spot for several weeks now. Basically, since she started to go potty outside.

I don't see any problem with using the pee pads on a continual basis. Quite a few people do-especially good if you live on upper level in an apt., etc. I can understand your concern about letting your baby outside. I have quite a few stray dogs and cats in my neighborhood too, and I never leave Jasmine outside unattended even though my back yard is fenced.

The pads are supposed to be treated to prevent odors, and I've never noticed any type of odor near the pad and they are pretty much leakproof. I usually change the pad about twice a day.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have a pad in the livingroom under my printer stand and 1 in the bedroom in Gadget bed. I am going to be starting his outside training this week, but I want ot continue to use the pads in the house... For at night and while I'm gone if I ever leave him home...

My neighbor has potty pads for her chihuahuas and they also go outside... but they never have to worry about them while they are working.

I wish my bathroom was bigger so I could put one in there for him.. then I wouldn't need 2 of them in the 2 different rooms... since the bathroom in in the middle of the trailer...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts