Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**EDIT** also what about box training? the breeder we're getting my baby from box trains her dogs, so i was thinking i should do the same?? anyone have any input?

I'm worried about training my chihuahua, its my first one and she gets here in five weeks. The breeder whom i'm getting her from has her sister from a perivous litter and she is the most friendliest two year old ever. I want mine to be just like that, i should talk to the breeder about the socializing part :]

also, this chihuahua is going to be mine, but my sister, who i live with, has a dog and she weighs thirty pounds. I want them to get along well and be pals, but I'll always have to supervise the time if they are ever together, any suggestions on helping her big dog like my small chi?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Well, you can't really help her like her yet because you don't have the pup yet so you don't know what the initial reaction will be between the 2. The only advice I can give is when you get your chi make sure that there is a proper introduction between the 2 and make sure that you have them meet in nutral ground like a park or something. If you just bring your chi in the other dog's territory she may become wery of your chi and what she's doing in HER house and in HER area so then that might make your sisters dog get mad and not like your chi. Maybe someone can give u better advice but I hope that this helps! :D :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
This may sound very unusual, but the best way to introduce 2 animals (smae breed/different breed/species/etc) is to spray both of them on the tail (not the butt!!) with the same perfume before introducing them. Animals recognise each other by scent and if they smell similar then they know that the other animal is friendly. I have introduced a lot of animals to one another this way without any problems. The trick is to use the exact same perfume on both of them and to do it just before they smell each other (so have sister squirt the perfume on her dog then bring the bottle to you outside and let you squirt your puppy before you even go inside!) Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts