Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, I am trying to train Mia in the Basic stuff but I was wondering if any of u have taught ur chi's any tricks or any basic training and how did u teach them? I got mia to come by her name buy everytime she leaves i say come mia and when she came i gave her plenty of love and kisses and hugs and so now she knows that when she comes it is something good...

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Mikey is 11 weeks old and I taught him to sit and shake. I just taught him using treats and lots of praises.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggies tricks are sit, shake, lay, and dance. The dance he stands on his hind legs and goes in a circle. I could never get him to do rollover. I read somewhere that some dogs don't like that because the don't like the back thing. Oh well! :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roxy can fetch, sit and come. I just started to train her to shake, but that one has been pretty tough. A friend of mine that has a chi gave me the idea to train Roxy with Cheerios. As a reward you can break a cheerio in half. We found this a little better than using treats from the store because they are so much bigger and richer and you know how training is rewarding in repetition we didn't want our little ones getting sick. So far so good Roxy loves them. :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco is in puppy kindergarten at our local PetSmart. He is 16 weeks old and so far he has learned sit, down, settle, come...and I think that is it. He is really doing good at it. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
We're trying to teach Mikey to dance but he gets too excited lol. Thats a good idea to use cheerios!!!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I talk my little Chile to do a twirl for a treat. I just say, "do a twirl honey" and she will...it is so cute.

I have a golden retriever as well and he can do a lot of tricks and it was pretty easy to train him.

I think Chihuahuas might take a little longer to train. I have only taught mine to do twirls so far. I am working on training my pups to do other tricks.

:wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts