Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: Hello once again, Sorry I havent been able to post pic of my Bonita and my newest boy Guapo, But I do have a question. How soon should you start putting a leash and a walking harness on your baby. He is 7 weeks old and 1 lb 5 oz he just so little I would feel bad putting a big heavy leash on him. So I need some helpful advise. :lol:

·
Registered
810 Posts
What a great questin!! I wondered the same thing. These little chi's necks are so tiny! I was told to never walk mine w/a collar and leash, just a harness and leash, because if you use a collar it could hurt their trachea?? So, yea I am a little worried too as to what the right thing to do for her would be.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good thing I read this....I am going out tomorrow to buy a lot of stuff for my new puppy and that was on my list.....I heard that a rabbit harness or cat harness would work good for small puppy chihuahua :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just a question.

At seven weeks, would they not be missing some of their shots and thus not ready for walks outside??

·
Registered
700 Posts
for a puppy that small a cat harness would be too big Try a farret one they will work better. I would personally walk them with it as soon as poss. becouse I havent with my Nemo and hes 18 weeks now. If I try to walk him its a big mess so I think the sooner they learn to walk on a leash the better. As far as the shots go I cant say for sure on the age. They need to have there shots though becouse Parve if very dangerous and you can even carry it i on your feet to the pupy. What a scarry thought.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yes Ferret Harness's fit really well and they are adjustable.
Petsmart usually has them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[ :lol: Thanks to all. I will try the ferret harness and see what he does. I want him to get used to wearing one like around our house and all, then when his puppys shots are done and taken care we will start walking him.

Thanks for the great advise :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
training

Well just to let everyone know that Guapo did great on the ferret harness

Thanks for the great advise :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts